Debra’s Fashions of Distinction - Scratch Build Using 3D and Laser

Started by Jim Donovan, November 16, 2023, 10:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

I forgot to mention that the built-up roof looks great, well done..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Wow!  That's really impressive!  Thanks for sharing the journey.  
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Jim Donovan

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 13, 2024, 07:11:09 AMMarvelous Jim!  Love the lighting.  I know how much extra time/effort it takes to add lighting, but I'm hooked on it.  I blame Slim for that.  ;)
Thanks Bob;

I too love what lighting does for the scene. I have hopes of figuring out how to add smoke and sounds like moving water to the layout in the future but for now lighting will have to do. Like you said blame Slim.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Jim Donovan

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on March 13, 2024, 03:08:56 PMLooks great, Jim.

Its a very interesting section.  love that building against the backdrop too.  A really captivating scene.

Cheers, Mark.
Mark thank you. Your modeling posts are some of the best and I have learned much from your sharing. Really appreciate your comments.

Jim

Jim Donovan

Quote from: swisstrain on March 13, 2024, 03:30:00 PMThanks for sharing this build, Jim, and for sharing how you but laser cutter and 3D printer to work.

Thank you Urs for the kind words. It is really amazing how the new low cost cutters and printers can help improve realism in our modeling.

Jim

Jim Donovan

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on March 15, 2024, 06:14:08 PMA very impressive building.  The lighting really shows it off.

Jeff
Thank you Jeff, I'm glad you like it. It has been fun watching it come together and I agree, the lighting really helps to make it come to life.

Jim

Jim Donovan

Quote from: jerryrbeach on March 17, 2024, 02:07:55 PMJim,

Outstanding job!  Looking forward to seeing it with the final touches.
Thanks Jerry, I hope to write up the final additions tonight. It has been fun and like usual I learned a lot.

Jim

Jim Donovan

Jim Donovan

Quote from: Vietnam Seabee on March 21, 2024, 08:37:02 AMWell done, Jim....you're quite the master of the 3d printer and laser cutter
Terry
Terry

I'm not sure I am the master of these tools but they sure help me make stuff i would never even consider trying without their help. I pushed the use of these machines on this project so I could demonstrate what they can add but even for my normal projects they really help. Thanks

Jim

Jim Donovan

Quote from: nycjeff on March 21, 2024, 02:01:55 PMHello Jim, that's one impressive structure. I particularly like the level of detail that you can achieve with the advanced equipment that you are using. Again, congratulations.
Thanks Jeff, hopefully my final additions will add to the realism.

Jim

Jim Donovan

Jim Donovan

Quote from: ReadingBob on April 17, 2024, 07:09:01 AMWow!  That's really impressive!  Thanks for sharing the journey. 
Thank you Bob;

Glad you like, I should be able to finish up tonight.

Jim

Jim Donovan

Well we have come to the final installment of building Debra D's Designs of Distinction. While there will be additional interior items I will be adding as time goes on, the structure itself is complete. I thought I would simply start with photos of how the building looks with scenery, outside people and vehicles in place. I will then show specific items of interest added to complete the project.