The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: Jim Donovan on November 13, 2020, 09:15:08 AM
Tom;

Great seeing you the other day and love the tread, glad to see another section underway.

Jim D

Jim,

I also enjoyed our visit. By the way, are you missing a box of small WS structures? If so, I still have them. :P

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on November 13, 2020, 09:32:05 AM
Great to see some layout progress Tom.  I know you've been busy with lot's of different things.  Sure wish I could get down there for a visit but I just can't risk it while my wife's working in an elementary school (aka petri dish).  The stories I hear make me shudder.  Might be able to slip one in at the end of her X-Mas break when I know she hasn't been at work for a couple of weeks.

Bob,

Nice to be back on the layout. Its been much to long. The weekend after Christmas sounds good to me.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Jerry

Nice looking level!!  ;)

Glad to see that work continues on this beautiful layout!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Mark Dalrymple

Looking good, Tom.

Looks like a good system.

Cheers, Mark.

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on November 13, 2020, 11:47:58 AM
Nice looking level!!  ;)

Glad to see that work continues on this beautiful layout!!

Jerry

Jerry,

Thanks very much. This past month has really kicked my butt. I'm back now a little at a time and will be posting a short update later this afternoon.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on November 13, 2020, 01:18:44 PM
Looking good, Tom.

Looks like a good system.

Cheers, Mark.

Cheers Mark,

So far this system has worked very well. I'm very pleased with how it works and turned out. Thank you for stopping by.

Tom   ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This morning I was feeling much better and decided to start the painting of the river bottom. This is the first of two coats. The second coat will blend the colors better. This just gives me an idea of how it will look and if necessary the changes will be made on the second coat.

Note: The plywood pattern won't show when the water is added.

These are the water based colors I chose for the river. I used these same Golden paints in the Suwannee River Lagoon area but the color blending is much different.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

In the next couple of photos you can see the paint is still wet. Later you can see how it looks once dry.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Woo-Hoo!!!!  He's back! 

So glad you're feeling well enough to start enjoying yourself again! 

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Keep It Rusty

Great colors here, Tom.

Will you be adding clear resin on top? Maybe Mod Podge?

S&S RR

Great to see you back Tom!  The water colors are excellent.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on December 10, 2020, 01:28:35 PM
Woo-Hoo!!!!  He's back! 

So glad you're feeling well enough to start enjoying yourself again!

Butty Bob,

Thank you very much, I can't tell you how great it feels to be back on the layout after the Covid-19 crap.  I'm not physically 100% yet but my enthusiasm is 100%.

Butty Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Rusty Robot on December 10, 2020, 01:28:53 PM
Great colors here, Tom.

Will you be adding clear resin on top? Maybe Mod Podge?

Craig,

Thank you. I won't be adding the usual clear resin but I will be using the Magic Water by Unreal Details.

https://www.unrealdetails.com/product-info

This is a two part resin and the same stuff I used on the Suwannee River Lagoon area. It takes about 5 days to completely dry. It does dry clear and never yellows like the other products.

Once it dries, I'll add waves by using the Mod Podge.

Here are two photos, including the dust, of the lagoon area and the deeper channel area. I have about 1/4" of the Magic Water coated with Mod Pofge.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com