FOS REA Building, kit bash and scratch build.

Started by ACL1504, November 12, 2023, 04:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

Tom,

As usual, I enjoy the way you present each step, and explain clearly why and how you completed this particular part of the build.  I find adding an interior can be a challenge, especially hiding the bracing necessary to keep everything square, plumb, and level.  Oh, wait, I must have missed the photo where you checked the walls for plumb.
Jerry

MartyO

Tom,

Wow, you are very passionate modeller with so much detail. I would not be able to be so patient.

Good job.
Marty

GPdemayo

Level and plumb.....can't beat that combo Tom..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

nycjeff

Hello Tom, I'm really enjoying your version of the REA complex here and on the other forum. I'm sorry to hear you say that you won't be doing anymore detailed build threads in the future. I always learn something new while following along on your adventures.
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Vietnam Seabee

I echo Jeff's comments as well...I learn much from the SBS build threads but don't always comment as much as I should...regardless, this has been s great thread to follow
Terry

ACL1504

Quote from: Vietnam Seabee on March 22, 2024, 05:03:26 PMGood save on 8x8 at the wall bottom. No one will ever notice except you and I (and anyone else following along).....my lips are sealed
Terry
Terry,

Thank you for checking in, much appreciated.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on March 23, 2024, 08:51:50 AMGreat progress Tom and good save on the wall.
Butty Curt,

Thank you my friend.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on March 23, 2024, 09:10:36 AMTom,

As usual, I enjoy the way you present each step, and explain clearly why and how you completed this particular part of the build.  I find adding an interior can be a challenge, especially hiding the bracing necessary to keep everything square, plumb, and level.  Oh, wait, I must have missed the photo where you checked the walls for plumb.
Jerry,

I appreciate the comment. The interior was a challenge as you mentioned but painting the interior bracing the color of the interior wall made it not look so obvious.

Tom 
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: MartyO on April 12, 2024, 08:15:17 PMTom,

Wow, you are very passionate modeller with so much detail. I would not be able to be so patient.

Good job.

Marty,

Long time no see. I am passionate about modeling. However, it can also wear me down as it takes much longer to complete a build. Patience I have with modeling, other things not so much!  8)  8)

Tom 
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on April 13, 2024, 03:41:27 PMLevel and plumb.....can't beat that combo Tom..... 8)
 Greg,

I agree level and plumb is the way grasshopper.

Tom 
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: nycjeff on April 14, 2024, 07:59:54 AMHello Tom, I'm really enjoying your version of the REA complex here and on the other forum. I'm sorry to hear you say that you won't be doing anymore detailed build threads in the future. I always learn something new while following along on your adventures.

Jeff,

I think when I posted that, I was a bit burned out from modeling and posting to two forums.

I've reconsidered the detailing and posting of my builds but I'll have a better handle on the next build. First, I need to finish this build and thread. It is the gift that keeps me going. There has to be an end in site.

Tom 
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Vietnam Seabee on April 15, 2024, 08:56:41 AMI echo Jeff's comments as well...I learn much from the SBS build threads but don't always comment as much as I should...regardless, this has been s great thread to follow
Terry

Terry,

Thank you for the comment. Let me get this one finished and go from there.

Tom 
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 15, 2024, 01:19:42 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on April 13, 2024, 03:41:27 PMLevel and plumb.....can't beat that combo Tom..... 8)
Greg,

I agree level and plumb is the way grasshopper.

Tom

Grasshopper.....there is a certificate hanging on the wall behind me, issued in the 70's, that says I'm a licensed builder in our sunny (most of the time) state.  ::)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Greg,

I bet the builder's license states, "Issued to Grasshopper DeMayo".

You are also a great level friend.

Tom 
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com