Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - Zephyrus52246

#1
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Monday, September 28, 2026
September 28, 2026, 09:04:01 AM
Morning all,

Headed to 74 degrees here and no rain for the next two days!  I'll mow the lawn later after it dries out some.  It was still very wet last night when we let the dog out at 2100.  

I think I have the layout issue solved, so some construction on that and continuing the slow land forms will be on the agenda.  

Jeff
#2
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Sunday, September 27, 2026
September 27, 2026, 07:28:50 AM
Morning all,

Fifty nine degrees here and raining AGAIN!  The national weather service has us for 11 inches this month which is a record for September, and it still raining.  I hope it dries out enough tomorrow to try to mow again.  

Hawkeyes won a thriller on a last play pass for a touchdown.  Hopefully the Patriots can win today as well.

Still more "mental work" on the layout  than physical, will continue that today.

Jeff
#3
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Re: Saturday September 26,2026
September 26, 2026, 08:52:19 AM
Morning all, 

Cloudy in the 60s later with more rain as well.  Good luck to those dealing with the nor'easter.

My wife broke the range Thursday.   Hit a button there was a flash and a pop and it no longer worked 

I spent yesterday researching ranges and we ordered one at Lowe's.   Would have preferred to get it from the local independent shop but they didn't carry the brand.  

This means we'll be visiting restaurants over the next week.  She's thrilled 

It's our 45th anniversary today so the range is her gift.  

Hawkeye football later.  

Jeff
#4
Morning all,

Raining (again) and a high of 65 later.  Glad I got the lawn mowed yesterday, though it was at the highest setting and hopefully I can mow it again tomorrow (but it may rain--again).  

I think I've solved one of the layout questions.  Working on the second, and I'm cutting and filling in some areas with styrofoam so I can get the landforms in.  

Dolly Parton day sounds great.  

Jeff
#5
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Thursday, September 24, 2026
September 24, 2026, 09:04:07 AM
Morning all,

Cloudy and headed to 70 today.  I need to mow later or I'll need a combine as it's supposed to rain again tonight.  

Not much work getting done on the layout, I'm in more of a "how am I going to do this?" phase.

Jeff
#6
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Wednesday, September 23, 2026
September 23, 2026, 08:36:10 AM
Morning all,

We'll see some sun today with a high in the upper 60s.  Hopefully the lawn will dry out for a later mowing. 

Wife and I will head to Walgreens around noon for flu/Covid immunizations.  After that, out for a late lunch. 

Happy Hump Day, I was thrilled to see they brought back the Camel "hump day" commercial this weekend.  Better than the political crapola.

Jeff
#7
Baggage Car - Daily Chat / Re: Tuesday September 22, 2026
September 22, 2026, 08:26:16 AM
Morning all,

Still raining here, though it looks like it will stop for the rest of the week.  My sumps are certainly running a lot.  The grass has exploded, but it's too wet to mow.  I'll have to set the blade at it's highest tomorrow and then probably mow it consecutive days lowering the blade each time.  

Yesterday morning I had an appointment with the orthopedist about my knee.  He thinks we need an MRI, which is what I told the PA back in July.  ::)

Slow layout work continues, but some progress is being made.

Jeff
#8
Layout Tours / Re: 2026 Narrow gauge pictures
September 20, 2026, 04:33:04 PM
The last two.  That's all I've got from the Convention.  I doubt I'll make the one next year, so someone else will need to pick up the baton. 

Jeff
#9
Layout Tours / Re: 2026 Narrow gauge pictures
September 20, 2026, 04:32:04 PM
More
#10
Layout Tours / Re: 2026 Narrow gauge pictures
September 20, 2026, 04:31:45 PM
More
#11
Layout Tours / Re: 2026 Narrow gauge pictures
September 20, 2026, 04:31:19 PM
More
#12
Layout Tours / Re: 2026 Narrow gauge pictures
September 20, 2026, 04:30:36 PM
More
#13
Layout Tours / Re: 2026 Narrow gauge pictures
September 20, 2026, 04:30:11 PM
More
#14
Layout Tours / Re: 2026 Narrow gauge pictures
September 20, 2026, 04:29:34 PM
more
#15
Layout Tours / Re: 2026 Narrow gauge pictures
September 20, 2026, 04:28:40 PM
More
Powered by EzPortal