East End Market

Started by Erieman, January 03, 2015, 10:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bparrish

Frank...

Here is a link to a modeler friend in Portland Oregon.  He is an N scaler and his junk yard was built many years ago as a module and is currently on his completed home railroad.  He was on the national tour in Portland last summer.

When you get to the link go to the bottom of the page and press slide show.

He is a graphics artist and has done some amazing work.

https://www.hankstrains.com

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Erieman

Bob,

Thanks for the site. Nice work for "N" scale. Too small for me.

Continuing on with the junk yard, the office is almost done. The corrugated roof is drying and will be installed later today.  Most of the sides for the control shed are done awaiting assembly. Next up after that will be all the junk, but that is another story. Enjoy the pic.

Frank / Erieman

ACL1504

Frank,
Fantastic stuff and a real believable scene. Great work my friend.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Erieman

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 06, 2016, 10:09:34 PM

Frank,
Fantastic stuff and a real believable scene. Great work my friend.

Tom ;D

Tom,

Thank you for your kind words. Progress is being made. Awaiting a package from Sylvan and then I can fill in the Junk yard. Can't wait to see the final results. While i wait for the mailman, I need to add the groundcover to the other end of the building. I post some more pics soon.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Okay Guys,

The postman bought me some bodies for the junkyard. So have moved them into a location to check out my idea. So far, so good. Now I need to do a little distressing, priming, painting and weathering of these bodies. I have a bunch of wheels, rear ends, tires, rims, etc to add to the pic. More to follow in a couple of days.

Frank / Erieman

ACL1504

Frank,

Aren't you finished with the junk cars? I know you have nothing else to do so let's see the finished photos. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have nothing to do either.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Frank

Sounds like someone is having trouble adjusting to retired timing.  ;D ;D  The scene is really taking shape - now for the rust. How are you doing with all the rain?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Erieman

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 09, 2016, 08:11:11 AM
Frank,

Aren't you finished with the junk cars? I know you have nothing else to do so let's see the finished photos. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have nothing to do either.

Tom ;D

RIGHT, I keep telling myself that, but you are going to have to wait. The wife has a few outside projects for me now that the rain has stopped. We are going to have a lovely sunny day with temps in the 50's. Still not Florida weather, but I'll keep it.
I have primed the main vehicles on theunderside and will prime the tops later today. Besides the bodies, I have a lot of junk ( as shown in Raymo's post) that needs priming, painting and weathering. Needless to say, you are going to have to wait.

Have a great weekend.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: S&S RR on January 09, 2016, 08:14:55 AM
Frank

Sounds like someone is having trouble adjusting to retired timing.  ;D ;D  The scene is really taking shape - now for the rust. How are you doing with all the rain?

Good Morning John,

We had about 2 1/2 inches of rain where I live over the past five days. It was a slow rain, so the ground was able to absorb it nicely. We could more of that. The news media will show you pictures and video of the dumb motorists crossing a flooded street and then slowly drifting off into oblivion. That's why we have the dumb motorist law. When it rains, you stay out of low areas. Now  the sun is out so I get some yard work done, then play later in the day! Have a great weekend painting and moving furniture.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Okay, the junk yard is done, or at least done for the moment. I will probably find something else to add, but I need to move onto something else. I have taken pictures from both directions to give you a better view on the yard contents. Enjoy.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Picture #2. Enjoy

Frank / Erieman

sdrees

Frank,

The junk yard turned out looking like a real junk yard. I like it very much. 

Steve

Steve Drees
SP RR

Erieman

Quote from: sdrees on January 10, 2016, 01:36:53 PM
Frank,

The junk yard turned out looking like a real junk yard. I like it very much. 

Steve

Steve,

Thank you for your kind words. Glad you like the junk yard. I still need to glue something the the magnet. Looking in my junk bin. In the meantime, here is a closeup photo that you might enjoy.

Frank / Erieman

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ak-milw