MORRISTOWN & ERIE RAILROAD - WESTERN DIVISION

Started by Erieman, December 28, 2013, 10:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Frank,

Great thread.  Superior work on the structures, layout....well....everything.   :D  I'm exhausted just looking at everything you've done.  Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing! 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Erieman

Quote from: ReadingBob on February 04, 2014, 03:05:49 PM
Frank,

Great thread.  Superior work on the structures, layout....well....everything.   :D  I'm exhausted just looking at everything you've done.  Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing!

Bob,

Thanks for your kind words. If you think you are exhausted just looking, how do you think I feel. Actually, real good and pleased that others are enjoying the builds as much as I am. Everyone keeps asking, how long did it take to build ------------. I wish I knew or even cared. i build because I enjoy it. Besides, I'm retired!!! Here are a couple more pictures. still  to be completed are the two steps on the front porch, a railing, lots of junk, gas pumps etc....

Frank / Erieman

ak-milw

Erieman

Quote from: Bntrainmaster on February 04, 2014, 07:11:27 AM
Frank,
Looking good. I really like the picture of the gas station and the General Store. Great pics and keep em' com'n. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work...............
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks Bart, glad you are enjoying the build. the general store is almost complete. The rabbit house is just starting and I have another structure in design. It will be called Ruby's diner. more on that model next week sometime. I ran out of two sides of the city classic building and another local modeler is dropping the parts I need later today. So-o-o, I'll have three buildings for the meet in March. I am pleased with the results. Somehow, these do not look like plastic buildings, so I am real pleased with the look. These are keepers for the layout.

Frank / Erieman 

Erieman

Quote from: ak-milw on February 05, 2014, 07:54:13 PM
I like the awning on this one.
8)

Andy,

Glad you like the awning. I thought that it turned out well also. Still a lot of details to be added to complete the scene. Stay tuned.

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

Frank I'm enjoying the thread - I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your layout. Oh and getting away from this snow will be nice too. 8)  I'm on my way out the door to get rid of 6 more inches. :( I will be following your thread with great interest.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Erieman

Frank I'm enjoying the thread - I'm looking forward to meeting you and seeing your layout. Oh and getting away from this snow will be nice too. 8)  I'm on my way out the door to get rid of 6 more inches. :( I will be following your thread with great interest.
[/quote]

Good morning John,

Thank you for the kind words. Sorry to hear about your weather. We have a similar problem, but different. It's awful nice!!! :) :) Still arranging our tour of train day here in Scottsdale. looking forward to it. Layout pictures are just a teaser. Seeing the layout in person is when it really gets interesting. Looking foward to the visit.

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

Well I'm back from my visit to the Morristown & Erie Railraod and all I can say is WOW!  Frank has a great layout and pictures do not do it justice. The few structure pictures he has posted here are just a sample of eye candy on his layout. I really enjoyed studying the changes he has made to his kit builds (I sure took a lot of pictures ;D ).  I will be watching as he documents his continued progress here on this thread. Amy and I really enjoyed our visit, thanks again to you and Phyllis for your hospitality.
John Siekirk

Erieman

Quote from: S&S RR on March 09, 2014, 03:59:25 PM
Well I'm back from my visit to the Morristown & Erie Railraod and all I can say is WOW!  Frank has a great layout and pictures do not do it justice. The few structure pictures he has posted here are just a sample of eye candy on his layout. I really enjoyed studying the changes he has made to his kit builds (I sure took a lot of pictures ;D ).  I will be watching as he documents his continued progress here on this thread. Amy and I really enjoyed our visit, thanks again to you and Phyllis for your hospitality.

John,

Thank you for your kind words. I hope that you post some of your photos of my layout on this thread. Everybody has a different eye when it comes to taking photos.  I am  almost done with my three entries for our upcoming contest next weekend. Here are photos of my three entries. Ruby's diner is not done yet, but it will give you an idea of what I am trying to create. Enjoy the pics.

Frank / Erieman

Frank

S&S RR

As requested a few pictures from my visit to the Morristown & Erie RR. Frank was kind enough to move his version of Bob Van Gelder's Salyes Mill out in the sun light for some photographs. First class modeling, look close at all the mini-scenes. It is all about the details. If you look closely in the background you can also see how the Erieman spends his 1:1 non-model railroading time. The gardens are as nice as the layout!
John Siekirk

S&S RR

A few of those details!
John Siekirk

bparrish

The best is the guy on a scaffold painting a sign on the brick stack.  OSHA would love that gig.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

Erieman

Quote from: bparrish on March 11, 2014, 07:13:45 PM
The best is the guy on a scaffold painting a sign on the brick stack.  OSHA would love that gig.

see ya
Bob

Bob,

Since the timeframe that I am depicting is the mid 1940's, we don't have to worry. OSHA did not exist. Bring back the good old days!

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

John,

Thanks for posting the pictures of my layout. I hope you continue with some of the inside pictures. Just saying.  you probably have been too busy knocking the snow off the roof, or perhaps it is now melting and you are making sand bags. What ever it is, enjoy the day. Need to get back to the railroad.

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

Will do Frank - looks like we are going to get 6-10 inches of snow tomorrow so it may take a few days.
Next year I'm driving to AZ so I can time my return better.  Like May 8)
John Siekirk