Working on the new harbor on NE&NCRR

Started by ollevon, November 12, 2015, 08:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuse

Love the seawall. Is it carved right into the foam?

John

ollevon

No John, the sea wall is not carved into the foam.  I made my own molds and cast them with Durum's Water putty.
    Thank you

what the happened to the photo's??
   Sam

ollevon

Well anyway. Here is the seawall again.

Have a good day
   Sam

jbvb

Sam, when I look at the both pages of this thread, I see the pictures.  'View Image' on one from page 1 worked, fetching it from a photobucket URL that I presume is your account there.
James

S&S RR

Sam

Great to hear you are going to be on the EXPO tour - looking forward to seeing your layout.  I have a question for you since your a local guy - how should one get to the EXPO if they want to avoid flying into Boston and driving out from the airport.  Is there a better airport choice?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ollevon

James,  I don't know why the pictures vanished, but they suddenly came back for some reason.

Thanks
  Sam

ollevon

Quote from: S&S RR on November 21, 2015, 09:52:32 PM
Sam

Great to hear you are going to be on the EXPO tour - looking forward to seeing your layout.  I have a question for you since your a local guy - how should one get to the EXPO if they want to avoid flying into Boston and driving out from the airport.  Is there a better airport choice?

John, good to hear from you.  As far as airports go,  The only other option I can think of would be the Manchester NH Airport.  That would be a straight shot down  I93  then across 114 to the Expo.
  The Manchester AP is a whole lot less confusing than Logan.

ACL1504

Sam,

The new harbor is looking really good. I won't be at this Expo so unfortunately I'll miss the tour.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Great scene Sam.....thanks for sharing with us.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ollevon

Quote from: ACL1504 on November 22, 2015, 07:52:31 AM
Sam,

The new harbor is looking really good. I won't be at this Expo so unfortunately I'll miss the tour.

Tom ;D

Sorry to hear that Tom.  We will all miss you.
  Sam

ollevon

Quote from: deemery on November 22, 2015, 12:30:29 PM
Here's an idea for you:

dave

That looks like a great idea to me.  Awesome   Dave

Sam

ACL1504

Quote from: ollevon on November 22, 2015, 03:23:37 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on November 22, 2015, 07:52:31 AM
Sam,

Tom ;D

Sorry to hear that Tom.  We will all miss you.
  Sam

Sam,

I'll miss you guys as well. I need to get much more done on my layout for the July 2017 NMRA here in Orlando. 8)

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ollevon

Good morning gang,
    I got the train room all cleaned up and ready for the Tour-De-Chooch this Saturday. I haven't made much progress on the " new harbor"  because of it. I just placed a few buildings on it, just for  for the tour. It's only to give the  visitors a general idea of where I'm going with this. I will get back working on it after this weekend.
    Sorry for the bad lighting.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone,
   Sam