Working on the new harbor on NE&NCRR

Started by ollevon, November 12, 2015, 08:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbvb

Good luck with the Tour, Sam.  I've got things under control but there will be more cleaning late in the day Friday.

John, Manchester, NH is indeed much less scary to drive to and from. But public transport to and from the Expo is not an option.   And you may pay extra - fewer airlines serve Manchester and each of them charges considerably more for routes where they have a monopoly.
James

ollevon

Good morning,
    I had a pretty good turnout for the T-D-C so I didn't get much done on the new harbor but, I did at least manage to layout the footprints for my docks yesterday.

I am now in the process of getting all my lumber stained so I can start building them. 
  Till next time, have a great week.
  Sam.

ollevon

I decided to frame up the first dock, before the stain went on.  I will have to stain all the rest of the lumber before I can start the rest of the construction. when that's done I mount it on the layout, and then start on dock #2.

Sam

ollevon

Good morning all.
      I got the first dock framed up and in place.

Next I'll be adding the planking and the rest of the pilings.

Sam

ACL1504

Sam,

The new harbor is looking great. Can't wait to see it all finished. Keep the pictures coming.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

Really interesting shapes, Sam.  It will be a real eye catcher!

Cheers, Mark.

cuse

Looks great Sam. This is my favorite kind of modeling. I'll be watching closely and, most likely, touring at the EXPO

John

ollevon

Thank you Tom, I'll keep posting as I go along.
Thanks Mark, the other side will also have odd shapes.
Thank you John, seaports, and waterfront modeling is my favorites as well. Hope you can stop by on the tour.
  Thanks all,
  Sam

ollevon

Good afternoon,
     Well it took a while, but I am just about done with the first of 3 wharf's.  I still need to add a few more details before I start the 2nd one.  cutting each and every plank to size really takes up a lot of time but I think it's worth it.

More pictures to come as I go along.
  Have a good one.
  Sam

Janbouli

Looking real good Sam. Wouldn't it have been easier to do the water before you put decks on the piers.
I love photo's, don't we all.

ollevon

Quote from: Janbouli on December 16, 2015, 06:55:26 PM
Looking real good Sam. Wouldn't it have been easier to do the water before you put decks on the piers.
Thank you Jan.
       The dock isn't glued down yet, it's just placed there for now. I will lift it off when all the wharf's are done and then I'll pour the water. I build the wharf at the work bench and I place them on the layout just to make sure they fit. Once everything is hunky dory I'll make the water and set the docks in it before it sets.

Sam

Janbouli

Should have known that's what a clever modeler would do  ;D , keep progress coming Sam , I know most of us here just love harbor scenes.
I love photo's, don't we all.

donatode

Quote from: Janbouli on December 17, 2015, 03:29:12 AM
Should have known that's what a clever modeler would do  ;D , keep progress coming Sam , I know most of us here just love harbor scenes.
....and lots of photos!!!

S&S RR

Sam

This is looking great! Really enjoying the thread. 
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ollevon

I got my second wharf pretty much done today, and I'm checking to see how it fits, and with very little effort it seems to fit pretty good. So now I'm about to start the third wharf, and then I can start to do  scenery.  I need to build more building kits and also a pile driver barge.

Have a good night,
   Sam