Sylvan Scale Models 1937 Chevrolet Taxi

Started by Raymo, April 16, 2016, 08:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

You now have a completed wheel and tire assembly. 3 more and then off to paint. :)

Erieman

Quote from: Raymo on April 22, 2016, 02:52:39 PM
Because the thicknesses vary in the molding (moulding :D ) it's easier to find a drill bit close to the parts your working with for these specific items. I've cut down the sprue so the don't hit each other when installed.

Dan,

These little headlight parts are cute, but very easily lost. If you are using tweezers to handle them, be reallllll careful. Clare says they go so to someplace in headlight heaven. I guess he has to replace a lot of them from people like me!

Frank / Erieman

S&S RR

Dan

Great thread - I will be referring back to it often.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

bparrish

Yep...

This is a really cool thread.

thanx
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ACL1504

Raymo,

Great stuff my friend. Thanks for all the "how to" in the thread.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ak-milw

Dan, thanks for the how-to. I just ordered three kits from American Prototype. One question I have for you is in the instructions it say's to use a cleaner to get rid of the mold release. I have tried washing with dish detergent but still get a few spots that won't cover with paint. Can you tell me what you use get rid of the mold release and where I  can get some.  Thanks

tom.boyd.125

Dan,
Watching your vehicle come together as a new ride is needed at my end. Car just turned 219k tonight...:)
Tom
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

JimF

Did this thread get moved, or just die off?

Jim F

Raymo

No I need to finish it, sometimes life gets in the way. Should be able to get back at it next week. Raymo

JimF

Dan,

Fully understand the 'life getting in the way' thing. Was just curious, as I'm about to dig out a few Sylvan kits and make a start on them, something to work on while my other projects are on hold.

Jim

tct855

Raymo,
              I'm still all eyes.  I'll copy cat what ACL1504 said. 1 question, is this car you're building the car you'll use to taxi around the members at the next expo? Thanx Thom...

Zephyrus52246

Maybe a taxi this size for the Expo.

Jeff

donatode

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on May 28, 2016, 08:45:07 AM
Maybe a taxi this size for the Expo.

Jeff

Who's gonna pay for the GAS that sucker's gonna use?

Raymo

Quote from: Erieman on April 22, 2016, 03:33:40 PM
Quote from: Raymo on April 22, 2016, 02:52:39 PM
Because the thicknesses vary in the molding (moulding :D ) it's easier to find a drill bit close to the parts your working with for these specific items. I've cut down the sprue so the don't hit each other when installed.

Dan,

These little headlight parts are cute, but very easily lost. If you are using tweezers to handle them, be reallllll careful. Clare says they go so to someplace in headlight heaven. I guess he has to replace a lot of them from people like me!

Frank / Erieman
This is true Frank. I usually find a half dozen when I clean my desk.