Mclachlan Hat factory

Started by fsmcollector67, December 08, 2016, 10:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsmcollector67

Ladies, and Gentlemen, Boys, and Girls.......you are about to witness a spectacle rarely seen.......the building of the "BEAST" Hat factory....wood arrived yesterday from Northeastern, and will have pics up of most of the wall sections cut out. I am working on a punch for the windows, so that may take a week to get together.......I have come to the conclusion that I will probably have to be committed if I try to cut out over 204 windows......
Till tomorrow all.........
Loren....
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

fsmcollector67

Hey All.....Nothing too exciting today, got some of the basic walls cut out. I did not calculate correct, and I am 1 clapboard section short, have to wait for Northeastern to open back up after the New Year. I did get a little truck built for the display though. This was out of an old Master Creations kit....This thing was a nightmare to build...not like the easy Jordan kits. Came together okay, painting the lettering on scale 2x4 is always fun. Well that's it for today.
Happy Holidays to all......
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

cuse

That's awesome. Great work as always!

John

Janbouli

The truck is awesome Loren , love it.
I love photo's, don't we all.

fsmcollector67

Jan, John,
Thanks for the comments....
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

Zephyrus52246

Great looking truck, Loren.

Jeff

fsmcollector67

Jeff,
Thanks for the comment...
Loren..
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Hey all....for some reason I started with the shed section, here is what I have so far. The weathering is about were I want it, still missing nail holes....
Thanks for stopping by...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

you just have to Love Jordan kits.....hope someone acquires the molds....
9 Fingers Loren.....

Rail and Tie

Great start the shed! One window down, 2326 to go! Nice job on the truck and Jordan. I too really hope the put those molds back into production.
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

fsmcollector67

Darryl,
Thanks for the comment.....If someone does buy the molds, than the hundreds of dollars I spent hoarding Jordan kits will be in vain....Oh! Well! at least I have them if I need them....
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Hey All...got a few more walls done, and it is always fun to make doors.....Dr Bens Hucks whitewash has worked out well...
Until next time....
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

Amagic41

Loren

Looks great ! and BTW I also love the Hucks Whitewash seem to be using it more and more
Ken Crump
KC's Workshop
Bowie,Md
www.kcworkshop.com

fsmcollector67

Ken,
Thanks for the comment...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Hi all...so here are the outer shed walls all finished... The tubs you see are from what I have gathered as some sort of solution that they would dip the rabbit skins in to remove the hair....I am also working on drying racks, that have simulated rabbit skins hanging on them. Only 999 windows to go.........Thanks for taking a look....
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....