Mclachlan Hat factory

Started by fsmcollector67, December 08, 2016, 10:18:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsmcollector67

Hey all....so I worked on a floor for inside the shed area, and worked on roof supports....
until next time...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

SteveCuster

Looking very good Loren. Can't wait to see how the rest of the model comes together.

-Steve
Steve Custer

fsmcollector67

Steve,
Thanks for the comment.....a few more months....
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

ACL1504

Loren,

Love the look of the floors.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

fsmcollector67

Tom,
Thanks for the comment...
Loren..
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Hey All...two updates today....first I finished the walls, and floor for what is technically referred to as the "Backshop". I was also able to get one of the exhaust covers done for the roof. You have to love the Old Campbells shingles, no matter how old of a design they are, they always look good....
Thanks for taking a look...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Howdy all...So I worked on details for the Backshop interior....the machines are imagination, and follow no true items...the bins represent rabbit hides....till next time..
Loren..
9 Fingers Loren.....

Rail and Tie

Great work Loren.  Love the interior and the details.  These would have been pretty messy areas with all the salt, lye and composting hair etc.

How about a device like this which looks typical in late 1800's /1900's in tanneries?

Either way I really like your tubs and racks. That's a lot of pelts to glue on the racks.

Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

fsmcollector67

Darryl,
Thanks for the comment. I am pondering lighting the backshop, but otherwise most of these details will not be seen. the doors are all going to be open. The wooden tumbler is very nice, might think about that one. I know an older gentleman in his early eighties, who's father was the owner of this actual factory. He can remember going into it at about 9-10 years of age, and he said he will never forget the horrible working conditions those people had to deal with. In those days it was just common place.....I guess
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

cuse

Loren,

Your modeling is always excellent, but when I saw what, at first glance, appeared to be an unpainted HO figure next to the Wooden Tumbler, I thought you really surpassed yourself  ;D

John

fsmcollector67

John,
If I could model that good of a tumbler, I would not have a day job....and you never know, one day I might be crazy enough to try to make a figure..........keep watching, you never know what I might come up with next.....
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Hey All.. so Steve over in kit building convinced me to light the interior of the Backshop, which means more details. I had a couple of Rusty Rail castings hanging around that I used. They are nice resin castings, which need little clean up.
Till next time...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

fsmcollector67

Hello all...just a small update today, finished up the roof vents, and got the roof boards cut, and painted. till next time...
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....

ACL1504

Loren,

Absolutely beautiful modeling. I'm enjoying seeing your work and the entire structure come together.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

fsmcollector67

Tom,
Thanks for the comment...I enjoy posting here, so that people can appreciate my work....
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....