The I. M. Dunn Co. FSM JS-19

Started by postalkarl, December 21, 2016, 04:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveCuster

Both of these builds are looking great guys. It's cool to see the subtle differences between your modeling styles.
Steve Custer

postalkarl

Hi Steve:

Thanks for the compliment. Yeah I enjoy building along with Frank. He's a great modeler.

Karl

bagman

Guys...

Both builds are coming along very nicely and look fantastic. Interesting to see subtle differences in both your approach to building.

I find these threads extremely helpful for this of us who plan on buying the kit.

George has done a great job on his instructions and they are very easy to follow. These threads just add to his work and makes great reading.

Looking forward to seeing both builds completed.

Regards
Bagman

fbernard65

Hi,

Thanks for the great compliments.  Karl and I enjoy doing dueling builds.

Karl,

You are too kind.  Thanks as always buddy.  You are no slouch when it comes to building great models.

Frank

Rail and Tie

Quote from: fbernard65 on January 09, 2017, 09:10:11 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the great compliments.  Karl and I enjoy doing dueling builds.

Karl,

You are too kind.  Thanks as always buddy.  You are no slouch when it comes to building great models.

Frank

Sure it is all fun and compliments until the banjo comes out!

These are coming along nicely!
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

postalkarl

Hi Bagman, Frank and Darryl:

Thanks for all the kind words. As Frank said we enjoy doing this every year. Its a lot of fun.

Karl

ACL1504

Karl and Frank,

The dioramas are looking most excellent. Extremely well done as expected.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hi Tom:

Thanks much for both of us.

Karl

fsmcollector67

Karl, Frank,
Christmas came early....Mr. UPS just dropped this off....
Loren....
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

fbernard65

Loren,

Great news.  I did not even know that George started shipping.  Now it is time to join in our build thread.

Frank

postalkarl

Hi Loren:

Yeah I agree with Frank come on and join our build. We will be glad to have you aboard.

Karl

fsmcollector67

Karl, Frank,
I would love to join, but I am preserving my kits for a future generation of model builders. Kind of like preserving a piece of history.
Loren...
9 Fingers Loren.....
"Watch out for that #11 Blade"

postalkarl

Hi Loren:

Sorry to hear you won't be joining us.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi guys:

Been working on the supply shed for a few days now. I tried new ground cover the stuff in the first picture. Let me know if you think the color is good. I used it and some darker stuff in spots.

cuse

Karl,
Great build as always. I like the ground cover color and texture (I think - those are just larger clumps, not sparkly, right?)...Everything Jimmy at Monster Modelworks makes seems excellent. Not always what I'm necessarily interested in, but always really nice stuff. I would expect his dirt to also be excellent.

John