The I. M. Dunn Co. FSM JS-19

Started by postalkarl, December 21, 2016, 04:55:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi Bagman:

You are quite welcome.

Karl

Twopoint2

Karl and Frank both of your builds look great.

postalkarl

fbernard65

Hi,

Thanks for all the great comments.  Here are some more progress pics.  I have a nasty head cold so I am not able to get as much done as I wanted this weekend.  I hope you enjoy.

Frank

fbernard65

A few more.  The roof on the open shed is not glued down yet if you see a slight hump in the middle. :)

Frank

postalkarl

Hi Frank:

Wow looks great. Keep the photos coming.

Karl

engine909

Karl and Frank,
Two superb efforts. Thank you for sharing.
ed

rpdylan

really nice work! I love how much detail is packed into a small area. In the FSM book, there is a photo of this little area that is packed with detail. George is quoted below the photo that the entire scene is only 2 inched in depth from the layout edge, and how space available is not really related to the modeling quality. I always think of that advice when I model.
Bob C.

engine909

Big question, is the dude dunn?

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hi John:

You are correct from what George told me.

Karl

tct855

Quote from: postalkarl on May 24, 2017, 07:42:30 AM
Hi John:

Karl
Quote from: S&S RR on May 23, 2017, 10:41:25 PM
Quote from: engine909 on May 23, 2017, 06:53:43 PM

George has retired. 

Everyone;
      Let me complete the trio'.  George is R-E-T-I-R-E-D  George is talking with other manufacturers on selling all his kit & casting equipment. George keeps his phone machine turned off most of the time when not hosting his open houses one Saturday a month from april to october.  George dedicates his day to only building and improving and enjoying his layout.  He comes in later in the morning and leaves earlier, and takes one to two days a week with no notice to spend time with his wife Cathy traveling on daily trips and enjoying their retirement!!! George is Dunn.  :'(      Thanx Thom...

GPdemayo

Quote from: tct855 on May 24, 2017, 08:26:02 AM
Quote from: postalkarl on May 24, 2017, 07:42:30 AM
Hi John:

Karl
Quote from: S&S RR on May 23, 2017, 10:41:25 PM
Quote from: engine909 on May 23, 2017, 06:53:43 PM

George has retired. 

Everyone;
      Let me complete the trio'.  George is R-E-T-I-R-E-D  George is talking with other manufacturers on selling all his kit & casting equipment. George keeps his phone machine turned off most of the time when not hosting his open houses one Saturday a month from april to october.  George dedicates his day to only building and improving and enjoying his layout.  He comes in later in the morning and leaves earlier, and takes one to two days a week with no notice to spend time with his wife Cathy traveling on daily trips and enjoying their retirement!!! George is Dunn.  :'(      Thanx Thom...

He had one heck of a run..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jimmillho

engine909

One amazing run by a true gentleman. I am sure I am among many who wish him the best.
ed