Midsomer

Started by madharry, January 22, 2017, 11:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janbouli

Superb Mike , love the scene.
I love photo's, don't we all.

donatode

madharry

Thanks Jan and Donato. This is my first "british" layout and I appreciate all critique/encouragement.
Mike  :)

jbvb

Nice.  I looked back a few pages but didn't see how the pedestrian overpass came about.  Kit or scratchbuilt?
James

madharry

Thanks James. It is a Ratio kit which I modified at the town end by reworking it to go straight ahead rather than at right angles.

Mike

madharry

Here are a few more pictures of the middle board. the cars in the pictures are by Oxford - a Riley and a Morris 8.

Mike

madharry

And a few more..........

GPdemayo

Beautiful 1:1 countryside Mike.....thanks for posting the photos.  :)

Great progress on the scene..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

Thanks Greg, I appreciate it!
Mike :D

deemery

Mike, if you can fix the depth-of-field so everything is in focus in that last shot, it'll be a contest-worthy photo (and might even work as a RR magazine cover)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

madharry

Thanks Dave, yeah my camera work needs working on I agree.

I could not resist these next pictures of my new Oxford "Fowler BB1 16nhp Ploughing Engine" posed outside the George Inn.

Mike

madharry

Here is another one experimenting with the focal length..... still needs some work.

deemery

Mike, take a quick look at this (stop when you get to the math), then go to the bottom of the page to find a link for a calculator:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperfocal_distance

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

LongHornCaddy

Some very nice modeling here, kudos Madharry!

madharry

Thanks Longhorncaddy.

Continuing..........the right hand board (3 ft x 2 ft) is the fiddle yard. It has 2 tracks hidden from the public view where the trains disappear to be turned. I have decided on a very simple affair of just two tracks. The electric trains are double ended so there is no need to touch them at all as they just travel in reverse as in real life. The steam hauled trains will have to have the loco "fiddled" and moved by hand to the other end of the train, so this will the rear track nearest to the operator for ease of handling. The area has been painted black.

At the front of the fiddle yard (public side) will be a canal scene just 8 inches by 3 ft as I think this is a better use of space.

The next stage is adjusting the height of the scratch built bridge to allow all the railway equipment to pass through with enough headroom.

Mike