Midsomer

Started by madharry, January 22, 2017, 11:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Very nice job on the platform and station.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks Curt much appreciated..........

Mike

ACL1504

Mike,

Well done, very well done. Great job.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

madharry

Thanks Tom, I was very distressed to hear of your site crash.
Mike
:)

madharry

And I am back..................the last few weeks have not allowed too much modelling.........

The layout has an official name "Cheffley". Made up but the boss likes it!

The station area is nearly there just a few more extras needed such as benches and people which will be added in time.

The station building sits on a scratchbuilt platform - namely card covered in Redutex sheets depicting grey setts.

Mike

madharry

The embankment to the right is foam which will represent the upper town which is connected by a modified footbridge (Ratio). The station building and signal box are based on surviving structures at Midsomer Norton on the old Somerset & Dorset

madharry

some more...........

madharry

some more............ the goods shed is a modified Scalescences download kit painted in the salmon/brown of the old LSWR.

jerryrbeach

Mike,
This is coming along nicely, I'll be looking forward to your progress.
Jerry

madharry

some more..............the lorry is a 1930's AEC built from a Cooper Craft kit. The buildings (Petite Properties) behind the station will be backed by a backscene and will be raised by foam to march up the hill to the left of the station. This will form the valley the railway sits in.

Mike

GPdemayo

Darn good work Mike..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Excellent work. I especially like the pedestrian bridge.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks very much Jerry, Greg and Curt. The covered bridge was a bit of a trial but I got there in the end! The instructions need a complete re-write IMHO.

Mike

Mkrailway

Mike,

This is going to be a great exhibition layout.

madharry

Thanks Marty, that is the intention. The layout has already a firm invite to a show next year.
Mike :)