The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: nycjeff on December 13, 2020, 06:02:19 PM
Hello Tom, I'm so glad to see you back working on your layout. I hope that you and your family are feeling better in time for the holidays. I know that here in Arizona the plague has been at least as bad as in Florida. Here's hoping we all get a present early next year of a vaccine that works and will get us back to normal, whatever that is. Happy Holidays... Jeff

By the way, I really like the method you used for the effluent coming out of the drain pipes, I would like to find a place for that on my layout, it looks great.

Jeff,

Thank you Jeff, we are all feeling better. I'm still having some issues of getting very winded easily but this will improve with time.

The Cellophane for falling water is something I've been doing for years. You can even use this method for ditches. If you like this, you will really like how it turns out when finished.

Thanks for stopping by, much appreciated.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Progress has been slow but steady on the A&S build thread. I should send China a bill for the lack of progress on the layout.

Today, I added some Liquitex Ultra Matte Medium to the river bank. This will give me a very nice seal. This will ensure that when the epoxy is poured, I won't have any unwanted leaks. I used this same method when adding the epoxy to the Suwannee River Lagoon area.

I got this for about $10 at Sam Flax.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I reached another milestone with the last two photos. I now have 5,202 photos on the A&S thread.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Dennis Bourey

Tom, That's a huge milestone. love the bridge pier's and the waterway...Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jim Donovan

Hi Tom;

Nice to see you back in the saddle. I was afraid my bad jokes weakened your immune system during my November visit causing the China virus to knock you off your feet.  I promise I will stop with the police donut knock knock jokes.

Very interesting watching how you are bringing the river scene to life. I plan to start on the Silver Springs 1912 landing area soon so much of what you are discussing will be put to good use.

PS: Just hold the box of WS buildings till next we meet up, sorry I forgot them.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Quote from: Jim Donovan on December 16, 2020, 09:40:11 PM
Hi Tom;

Nice to see you back in the saddle. I was afraid my bad jokes weakened your immune system during my November visit causing the China virus to knock you off your feet.  I promise I will stop with the police donut knock knock jokes.

Jim D

What knock knock jokes.....did I miss the good stuff?  ???
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: Dennis Bourey on December 16, 2020, 06:06:34 PM
Tom, That's a huge milestone. love the bridge pier's and the waterway...Dennis

Dennis,

Thank you for stopping by, much appreciated. I hope to get the water poured sometime next week.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Hi Tom;

Very interesting watching how you are bringing the river scene to life. I plan to start on the Silver Springs 1912 landing area soon so much of what you are discussing will be put to good use.

PS: Just hold the box of WS buildings till next we meet up, sorry I forgot them.

Jim D

Jim,

Good to be back, trust me on that. One of the effects of Covid-19 is loss of memory. So, I don't remember any PO PO or knock knock jokes. Oh wait, that may by age related.   :-X

No problem on the box, now where did I put it?

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on December 17, 2020, 07:59:41 AM
Hi Tom;

Jim D

What knock knock jokes.....did I miss the good stuff?  ???

Greg,

Not to worry, you didn't miss nuttin' honey.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Unlike the Scenic Express Matte Medium, the Liquitex Ultra Matte Medium doesn't dry clear. It remains white even after drying.

I covered the Liquitex Matte Medium with a coat of Golden Fluid Acrylic Raw Umber. This will also serve as the base coat for the river bank scenery. The Raw Umber is still wet in the two photos below.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Throwback Thursday -

Hard to believe three years have passed since the Perkin's Farm orange grove was planted.

Before - Woodland Scenics Orange Trees

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Tree bases removed -

Bases glued to the grid.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Tree bases and area covered with dirt -

Weeds added to the bases -

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com