Snug Harbor

Started by ollevon, May 12, 2014, 09:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEMMRRC

Congratulations to ollevon for taking Best of Show with Snug Harbor at Expo 2015.

Jaime

Zephyrus52246

Well deserved against some very tough competition.

Jeff

ReadingBob

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on March 29, 2015, 08:50:19 AM

Jeff

Couldn't agree more.  Very well deserved and very well done.  Congratulations Sam!   ;D  ;D  ;D 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 29, 2015, 10:19:06 AM
Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on March 29, 2015, 08:50:19 AM

Jeff

Couldn't agree more.  Very well deserved and very well done.  Congratulations Sam!   ;D ;D ;D

Again, ditto to the above comments. Sam the harbor looks most impressive in person/virtual reality! Just magical looking and I was happy to see it up close.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

coors2u

Dustin

ollevon

Good afternoon all,
   I want to give everyone who voted for my diorama, a huge THANK YOU.   I just can't express  how much it means to me.   The other high point of my Expo experience was meeting all you fine craftsman and modelers. I'm just so glad I had that opportunity, I also feel I even made friends with some of you, and I want to thank Mike for the  " Meet & Greet" segment he put together which made that happen:   ( by the way Mike, thanks for the T-shirt )  That was a nice touch.
  I want to give a big THANK YOU to Jaime for posting all those great pictures,  and I forgive you for calling me Ron because, I made a mess of your name as well.
  I plan on getting some pictures together as to where my diorama will go on my layout and I will post some from time to time as I move along.  You haven't seen the last of Snug Harbor yet.
  Now I can say Thank You friends and keep in touch. You too Raymo.
  Sam

Raymo

If your posting you've must have made it home safe. :D I'll see you in a few days.

ollevon

Quote from: Raymo on March 29, 2015, 08:44:10 PM
If your posting you've must have made it home safe. :D I'll see you in a few days.
We made  Dan, Thanks

UP Fan

Sam, what a work of art.  I followed the build and I must say,the waves splashing against the rocks look real.  I can almost smell the salt air.  And congratulations for your well deserved award at the Expo.  From what I saw of the pictures posted here, you were up against some pretty stiff competition.  Wish I'd been there to see all of the fine exhibits.  Alas, Colorado is a bit far away.  Maybe I should look into starting a show like that here for the modelers here.

NEMMRRC

Sam's Best of Show diorama.

Jaime

postalkarl

Sam:

Saw it at the Show. Glad you wond best of show. You very much deserved it.

Karl

S&S RR

I took this picture of Sam's prototype.  Really Sam - there's water coming out of the bulge pump.  Only a fisherman would know to add those details.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Here are a couple more:

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ollevon

Hey Thanks karl, I'm glad you liked it.

John,   how you doing?    Thanks for the pictures their great.   I didn't forget to send you pictures of the rest of my layout, I'll get to it soon. I also owe pictures pictures to  Alan  (nexceo)
  I'm working on it.  Here are two

The lower level is where the train enters the helix, the upper level is where it exits.

This next picture is part of a large section which sits over the helix

But anyway I'll get more out later if you like.
Thanks guys
  Sam

martin.ojaste

Sam

Congratulation's on your Best in Show win!

When I first saw it I was transfixed by how much content was in the harbour scene. I took an excessive number of pictures of the diorama to study and try to implement some day.

Marty