Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

Lovely work as always John. And that's a formidable lineup!

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

madharry

S&S RR

Quote from: madharry on February 07, 2021, 11:49:27 AM
Incredilble modelling John, just beautiful.
Mike

Mike

Thank you so much for the encouraging words.
John Siekirk

NKP768

Just awesome on so many levels John......I will disagree to a certain point ....I worked on an Angus farm in high school and I swear some of those cow patties could be seen by the ISS.....

Doug

S&S RR

Quote from: NKP768 on February 08, 2021, 05:23:00 PM
Just awesome on so many levels John......I will disagree to a certain point ....I worked on an Angus farm in high school and I swear some of those cow patties could be seen by the ISS.....

Doug

Doug

Thank you for stopping by the thread and the kind words.  Those cow patties do look a lot bigger when they are coming at you.  Also, when you have to shovel them. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

A couple progress pictures, tonight.

The work continues on the details for the G. Wilikers build.  I decided that I'm going to keep George's name for this build, so I was working on the signs at the end of the day, today.

I also continue to work on the Beach Farms diorama installation.  I got started on the scenery that will hide the baseboard we have been looking at for the past few months.

The stones I'm using came from AZ - they rode back in my Jeep from a trip out there a few years ago - just the right color (I think I had 5 - 5 gal buckets on that trip).  Remember when we could travel across the country. They shared some space with the ballast material for Tom's layout in the back of the Jeep.

John Siekirk

BrianM

BrianM - sometimes home in San Antonio, TX

nycjeff

Hello John, what a wonderful job on your farm scene. I've enjoyed watching it come together.    Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

Judge

John - Beautiful structures, beautiful photos.  The rocks in the foreground really make a difference.  Good perspective. 

Are you freezing your buns off?  It's going up into the 80s today here in Central Florida.

ReadingBob

If it weren't for the ceiling tiles and lights being visible I'd swear I was looking at a real farm.   :o  Well done!  ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

Quote from: BrianM on February 08, 2021, 10:01:04 PM
Both projects are looking good, John.

BrianM

Brian

Thank you for the encouraging words. I have a half dozen little detail projects still in the works for this one.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: nycjeff on February 08, 2021, 11:45:10 PM
Hello John, what a wonderful job on your farm scene. I've enjoyed watching it come together.    Jeff

Jeff

Thank you for following along and the encouraging words. This has been a real fund project - a little ways to go before we will be ready for final pictures.
John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Both photos are beautiful. I agree with Bob about the ceiling tiles above the farm.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: Judge on February 09, 2021, 05:55:00 AM
John - Beautiful structures, beautiful photos.  The rocks in the foreground really make a difference.  Good perspective. 

Are you freezing your buns off?  It's going up into the 80s today here in Central Florida.

Judge

Thank you for the kind words and for following along on my journey.  As for our temperatures, it's great modeling weather. We have had to use negative numbers to describe our temperature the last few nights.  There are some other words used to describe the temperatures around here that are usually said under our breath.
John Siekirk