Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: ReadingBob on February 09, 2021, 06:50:16 AM
If it weren't for the ceiling tiles and lights being visible I'd swear I was looking at a real farm.   :o  Well done!  ;D

Bob

Thank you for following along and the encouraging words.  I actually have a plan to change the lighting and add more view block above so that a visitor to the layout will see much less of the ceiling. I think it will create even more depth to the scene and help with the overall vista when you look across the entire layout. Any way it's on the list of projects. When I get this scene completed I will take a set of final pictures with proper camera angles to help with the elusion.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on February 09, 2021, 09:14:01 AM
Both photos are beautiful. I agree with Bob about the ceiling tiles above the farm.

Curt

Thank you for the kind words.  As I said in my response to Bob I have some work to do with viewing angles, lighting, and view blocks in this area of the layout.  I haven't addressed the issue because I wasn't sure what was going to go here until I bought Dario's kit.
John Siekirk

ACL1504

John,

Beautiful layout and photos. Love the farm scene.

I spent four hours sweating my booty off in the yard today. It was 83 here. A far cry from your temps. Still it is always modeling weather no matter what.

Great stuff John.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on February 09, 2021, 05:31:13 PM
John,

Beautiful layout and photos. Love the farm scene.

I spent four hours sweating my booty off in the yard today. It was 83 here. A far cry from your temps. Still it is always modeling weather no matter what.

Great stuff John.

Tom  ;D

Tom

Thank you for the encouraging words. I agree that it is always modeling weather. My grass is sleeping under a blanket of snow, tonight.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  Today, the lid came off another FSM kit.  The Brownsville Depot - which will be named the Eagles Nest Depot on the S&S RR will be my next build.

John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

That's A great kit  George sent me one to build before it was up for sale.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on February 11, 2021, 01:11:42 AM
Hey John:

That's A great kit  George sent me one to build before it was up for sale.

Karl

Karl

I remember your build on this one - I should go back and review it.
John Siekirk

tom.boyd.125

Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  I have three major projects going, like usual, my challenge build SRMW Tucker & Cook (see build thread), G. Wilikers (I'm adding the detail castings, progress pictures this evening), and I'm just starting FSM's Brownsville Depot (castings are in the paint booth). Also, there are a few smaller builds, smaller out buildings and sheds for the Eagles Nest Yard scattered around the workroom. I'm also taking the slow approach to finishing up the Beach Farms area of the layout. I add a detail or two a day, then go back the next day and decide on the next move.  Significant progress has been made to the landforms below the diorama.  I will do another finished photographs set of posts on this area when I have it completed. I hope everyone is staying warm, and healthy, and finding their workbench as often as possible.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

A couple progress pictures of the G. Wilikers build.  The dirt is wet - I just glued it down before I took the pictures.

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

postalkarl

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on February 13, 2021, 08:51:40 PM
Another beautiful build John.

Curt

Thank you, I'm going to be putting G. Wilikers on the layout this week and starting the scenery work in the Eagles Nest Yard. This will mean putting the finishing touch on about 10 builds over the next few weeks.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on February 13, 2021, 11:21:03 PM
Hey John:

Beautifully done.

Karl

Karl

Thank you, my friend. A few more details and it will be heading for the layout.
John Siekirk