Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on November 09, 2019, 04:29:39 PM
John I love your weathering a used building just in deed of a paint job.

Not falling down with boards missing and the roof leaking I'm sorry guys but business just were not kept that way if they were in business.

Question is that a paper towel under ythe parts that you stained??

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for following along and the kind words.  Yes - that is a paper towel under the wood that I'm staining. If I'm getting too much stain from the brush I will put some on the paper towel - I like the streaked look. Each board weathers just a little differently and different areas of the building get more sun than others.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Update:  I updated the links to volume 1 and 2 of this build thread to tie everything together. The links to the older volumes will always be on page 1 of each volume along with the index.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Blacking out the back of the wall sections of Fox Run - last step before the assembly process.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I started the next section of the building while I was waiting for the paint to dry on the main building.

John Siekirk

Mark Dalrymple

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  We have activity on three workbenches, tonight.  On the Fox Run build I'm assembling the walls for the rest of the building sections. on one workbench.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Gluing the wall sections together for the main building on the second workbench.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

And on my detailing workbench I'm painting the castings for Swakhammer's.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I also added the galley glass to the window castings for Swakhammer's.

John Siekirk

postalkarl

Hey John:

Looks great so far. Wow look at all that window glass. My favorite job.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on November 11, 2019, 01:20:18 PM
Hey John:

Looks great so far. Wow look at all that window glass. My favorite job.

Karl

Karl

Thank you - the glass is always one of those okay let's get it done, jobs.  I try the acetate sheet and then on the next build I go back to the gallery glass.
John Siekirk

ACL1504

John,

You've been busy, busy my friend. The least favorite part of any build for me is the Canopy glue in the windows and doors.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on November 11, 2019, 04:24:32 PM
John,

You've been busy, busy my friend. The least favorite part of any build for me is the Canopy glue in the windows and doors.

Tom ;D

Tom

Thank you for stopping by the thread - yes I have been on a roll the last few days.  I actually bought some Canopy glue that I'm going to try for my next set of windows. I have always used the gallery glass glue - I assume it's about the same.  I like the way the windows look when lit with LED's much better with the glue, than with the plastic sheet that comes with most kits.
John Siekirk