The Atlantic and Southern Build, Part 1

Started by ACL1504, December 21, 2013, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Amazing Tom. The videos all look like real life.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

cuse

Wow...giving those a long look reveals just how effective those backdrops are... Great modeling!

John

tct855

KP II
          Those are some really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really nice passenger cars!  You have some nice ACL equipment.  Oh, and the new low angle videos are the cat's meow!  ;D    KP-out!

jimmillho

Quote from: PRR Modeler on May 10, 2017, 04:28:58 PM

I thought it was real..........

Jim

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on May 10, 2017, 05:14:38 AM
Beautiful work as usual Tom!  The pond looks pretty scummy  :o and the fence is great.  Toothpicks.....who knew!!??  Thanks again for the photo coverage of your progress.

Mark,

Mark,

Thank you very much, I appreciate your checking in. The pond is getting some weeds and lily pads this afternoon.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on May 10, 2017, 08:35:08 AM
Tom,
Wonderful little scene, all the scenery elements compliment each other so well, looks very natural.  You have a great eye and the ability to translate it into beautiful scenery.  I think you raise the bar for the rest of us with every photo you post!

Jerry,

Your very kind compliment on my scenery work is certainly appreciated. When doing this scenery, I recalled on the old memory of my youth on how the piney woods look as I remembered them. Some areas I left and a couple I changed as it didn't turn out how I wanted.

Bill Cutler, PennsyJ1, told me I was to hard on myself. That said, I set the bar high for myself as well.

Again, Jerry, thank you for the kind words of support and checking in on the thread.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on May 10, 2017, 10:08:39 AM
Great looking scene Tom.

Curt,

Thank you my friend, your support is always appreciated.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jimmillho on May 10, 2017, 10:43:55 AM
I have been using those fancy toothpicks to apply glue and paint for a long time, ever since I fount them in the Dollar Store.  I guess I need more to try them as fence posts.

Jim

Jim,

They do work great for applying glue and better for fence posts. Thanks for stopping by the thread.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: RWL on May 10, 2017, 11:31:04 AM
Tom,

I thank you for the welcome, but I am not back yet. I will not be around for the gala in Orlando, I return a week before Altoona, hopefully I will see you there. Again, the modeling community will be very impressed with what you have accomplished, have a successful showing.

Bob

Bob,

Well, I haven't heard from you in some time so I assumed you were back.

I won't be going to Altoona this year. I've decided to go every other year unless  the Expo is in the Boston area again.

Thank you as well for the compliment on the layout. I'll keep you posted on the NMRA visitors.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Donato on May 10, 2017, 11:35:05 AM
Tom, just so you know.....I am continuously mesmerized by your fine, delicate and realistic modeling.  You Sir must have a PHD in modeling.

Donato,

You are very kind sir. I very much appreciate your approval of the A&S scenery.

I may qualify for a PHD in modeling but according to the NMRA standards I'm not qualified for any thing. ;D ;D ;D

Thank you for following the thread.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 10, 2017, 04:04:40 PM
Track speed.....when the train clears the bridge it ought to high balling at Greg Speed thru the Florida countryside.  ;D ;D ;D

Greg,

Yes, track speed, not Greg Speed! High balling is track speed. Any faster and the train will suck the pine needles off the tree branches. 8)

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on May 10, 2017, 04:28:58 PM

Curt,

Thank you as always. I'm pretty happy with how these last three videos turned out.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

sdrees

Hi Tom,

Your recent videos makes me fell like I am standing by the pond and watching that authentic looking passenger train roll by.
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

Quote from: Cuse on May 10, 2017, 04:36:19 PM
Wow...giving those a long look reveals just how effective those backdrops are... Great modeling!

John

John,

When I had Joey Ricard, www.tracksidescenery.com, do the photo backdrops, I had no idea they would look as wonderful as they do. The 3D or three layer photos he sells, is the best investment I've made for the layout.

The foreground scenery and the backdrops work extremely well together.

Come by and see what I've done before you get to planted on the coast.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on May 11, 2017, 12:01:07 PM
Hi Tom,

Your recent videos makes me fell like I am standing by the pond and watching that authentic looking passenger train roll by.

Steve,

Thank you. That's how I felt doing the videos. These are the best ones I've done to date. I definitely like the "through the tree" look on this part of the layout.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com