Sierra West Twin Mills Kit

Started by postalkarl, October 13, 2020, 06:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hey Dennis, Curt, Jerry, Bob Dye and Greg:

Thanks so much for all the great compliments. Much appreciated as always. Here's A progress pic of the Log Pone Dock and the Dynamite Shack Dock Decking.

Thanks for following along.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Working on the Dynamite shack. Walls are painted. Door isn't quite finished yet. Walls are stained with A&I then dry-brushed with Floquil Zinc Chromate. As I said have to finish the door Then on to assembly of the walls. Then I have to build the basew. Hope it looks ok.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Here is the assembled building on it's floor. Hope it looks ok.

Karl

NKP768

As always Karl ......most excellent.

Doug

Keep It Rusty

You are certainly selling this kit to me!

postalkarl

Hey Doug & Rusty Robot:

Hey Guys thank for the great compliments. Much appreciated as always.

Kark

postalkarl

Hi All:

Here's finished pics of the Dynamite Shack. Hope it looks OK. I thought the shingles looked to nice so I used A Paper Creek corrugated roof instead.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Working on the Boat House. Lots of cutting and fitting. Probably take a few days to finish it.

Karl

Jerry

Shack is perfect don't change a thing!!!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hey Jerry:

Thanks buddy much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Started the boat house today. I used A&I on the walls then dry-brushed it with Craft Smart paint. It doesn't have A color name on the bottle.  Here's A photo hope it looks OK.

Karl

ACL1504

Karl,

Just getting caught up on the build. Beautiful job so far and the shack is dynamite!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Glad you like how it is coming out. Thanks for the compliment. Hope you guys are feeling better. Please keep us posted.

Thanks again:

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

boathouse Walls are built and assembled along with it's windows. I added trim around the doors and also added1/16th In. angles to the corners for a neater appearance.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision