The St. Louis & Denver Railroad - The Build

Started by GPdemayo, December 21, 2013, 09:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

I just wanted to say Happy New year to all the members of the forum and thank y'all for looking in on this thread over the past year.

I hope work and life don't interfere with my modeling as much this coming year, so I get some work done on the railroad and post a bit more progress this new year than I did this past year.

Happy New Year y'all !!!!!
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jbvb

James

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Here's a tease of the new WOW sound in the PSC C&O Greenbriar down at Toms' A&S.

https://youtu.be/1crOyR7BxJY

I'll post a run-by with some C&O heavyweight passenger cars when we get all the sounds right.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Erieman

Greg,

Your video is not working. It says I must sign in first?! I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing the WOW sound. Help.

Frank / Erieman

GPdemayo

Frank.....I'm not sure what happened, but it might be corrected now.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

I haven't gotten around to making a video of #603 pulling a heavyweight train, as promised, but I did run across a video of C&O #614 in action. My loco was built pre-war in 1938, I think, and #614 was built post war in 1948.

It was the last Greenbriar of the series to be built and was restored and has been pulling excursion trains around. What a wonderful think to see in person.....the sounds, smells and motion. Maybe one day.....but until then this video will have to do. Enjoy!

http://co614.com/?page_id=204#.V6SG1b20Joc

Next time.....
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

It's been a while since I added to the thread.....business is still getting in the way of fun. But it is past time for a update.

C&O #603 is still a work in progress. The TCS chip and speaker are installed and it sounds great, but a bushing that holds the axle on the frame is busted and it doesn't run properly. After that is fixed I'll take it down to Tom's and hook it onto some heavy weights and take a video of it coming thru the farm cut.....can't wait.

Now onto the latest news.....a new steam addition - drum roll please.....The management of the StL&D is pleased to announce the acquisition of a new steam loco for branch line service. The loco is a Sunset Models HO SP 2-8-0 Consolidated.

As management would like to take credit for its keen negotiating skills and massive foresight, This acquisition was the sole work of an old friend of the StL&D, Mr. Thomas E. Langford , president and CEO of the A&S Railroad. Through his keen insight and unending connections into the mysterious world of brass motive power, the StL&D is now the proud owner of ole' #148 which is destined for use on daily runs to the mines and timber area that the branch line serves.

TCS decoder and speaker have been ordered and management is looking forward to the the #148's inaugural run.

Thanks for all your help Tom!

Exhibit #1 - (#148-003)

Exhibit #2 - (#148-006)

Exhibit #3 - (#148-015)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Greg,

You are quite welcome. Not a bad deal at all.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on July 30, 2017, 11:32:55 AM
Greg,

You are quite welcome. Not a bad deal at all.

Tom ;D

Great deal.....thanks so much Tom.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: PRR Modeler on July 30, 2017, 01:00:07 PM
I'm following.

Don't expect too much Curt.....I'm still not up to speed with modeling.....but thanks for looking in.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

jimmillho

Quote from: GPdemayo on July 31, 2017, 08:28:00 AM
I'm following.

Don't expect too much Curt.....I'm still not up to speed with modeling.....but thanks for looking in.  :)

You are not up to "Greg Speed" on your own. :o :o :o :o

Jim

GPdemayo

Quote from: jimmillho on July 31, 2017, 10:46:02 AM
Quote from: GPdemayo on July 31, 2017, 08:28:00 AM
I'm following.

You are not up to "Greg Speed" on your own. :o :o :o :o

Jim

Not yet Jim.....hopefully soon.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL