The St. Louis & Denver Railroad - The Build

Started by GPdemayo, December 21, 2013, 09:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on November 13, 2023, 09:18:09 AMGreg,

Oh come on now, how much later my friend?

Inquiring minds and all that.

Tom
Probably in a week or so.....a bunch of stuff in the real world hasn't given me much time for modeling in a long time.  :(
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Test.....water tower at abandoned narrow gauge track at the Boreas Pass between Breckenridge and Como, CO.

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on November 13, 2023, 09:24:28 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on November 13, 2023, 09:18:09 AMGreg,

Oh come on now, how much later my friend?

Inquiring minds and all that.

Tom
Probably in a week or so.....a bunch of stuff in the real world hasn't given me much time for modeling in a long time.  :(
Greg,

I understand that for sure.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteProbably in a week or so.....a bunch of stuff in the real world hasn't given me much time for modeling in a long time.  :(

We'll hold you to that, Greg!

Is the water tower going to become an upcoming model?

I found a great double decker water tower in a NZ book called 'The Great Northern - the story of the Waiau branch'.  The tower was situated at Waiau.  Needless to say it will arrive on my layout one day...

Cheers, Mark.

GPdemayo

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on November 15, 2023, 01:44:56 PM
QuoteProbably in a week or so.....a bunch of stuff in the real world hasn't given me much time for modeling in a long time.  :(

We'll hold you to that, Greg!

Is the water tower going to become an upcoming model?

I found a great double decker water tower in a NZ book called 'The Great Northern - the story of the Waiau branch'.  The tower was situated at Waiau.  Needless to say it will arrive on my layout one day...

Cheers, Mark.
Not a future build Mark, I just pulled it from my other railroad pictures for the test.

The tank was on the Highline section of the Denver, South Park & Pacific Railroad that ran 63 miles from Como, thru Breckenridge and onto Leadville. At the time this was the most dangerous bit of track in the nation.

However, further down the trail at an elevation of 11,428' was a section house on top of the Continental Divide and I do have a model of that that I will build. I don't have a photo of the kit, but I'll take one and post it here when I get a few minutes.

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Jim Donovan

Greg;

Nice! Looking forward to catching up.

Jim
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Mark.....here are the photos of the Boreas Section house kit by Wild West Scale Model Builders.

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: Jim Donovan on November 16, 2023, 08:42:35 AMGreg;

Nice! Looking forward to catching up.

Jim

Thanks Jim.....and I'm looking forward to your future builds also.  :)

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

I have started adding the missing pictures to the thread starting with pages #1 and #2.....to be continued.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: GPdemayo on November 16, 2023, 06:23:51 PMI have started adding the missing pictures to the thread starting with pages #1 and #2.....to be continued.

Excellent. Received loud and clear.

Thanks for doing this. It's nice to preserve the threads where users can :)

GPdemayo

You're welcome Craig.....it will take awhile to finish. I agree, there is a need to preserve these threads for those that come into the hobby will have a reference for all the aspects of modeling from many different perspectives.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

The first 8 pages need to have the photos add, so with pages #3 and #4 complete, I'm about half way there.....to be continued
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on November 17, 2023, 05:44:35 PMPages #3 and #4 have the photos added.....to be continued
Greg,

It's a shame you have to go back and add photos. But I think it is very much worth the effort and to have the old forum back and running again.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on November 17, 2023, 05:50:49 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on November 17, 2023, 05:44:35 PMPages #3 and #4 have the photos added.....to be continued
Greg,

It's a shame you have to go back and add photos. But I think it is very much worth the effort and to have the old forum back and running again.

Tom

When you're right, you're right, can't improve on that..... ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteThe tank was on the Highline section of the Denver, South Park & Pacific Railroad that ran 63 miles from Como, thru Breckenridge and onto Leadville. At the time this was the most dangerous bit of track in the nation.

Thanks for the extra information, Greg.

It looks like a fun build.  We drove the million dollar highway on our trip to the USA in 2015.  We also took the train from Durango to Silverton.  This is as close as we got to the location of your water tank.  The drive from Telluride to Moab was the closest I felt to being in New Zealand on our five weeks in the US.  The most isolated part of our journey, and after five days in New York, something I craved.  Colorado is also very close in both population and area to New Zealand.

Cheers, Mark.