The St. Louis & Denver Railroad - The Build

Started by GPdemayo, December 21, 2013, 09:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongHornCaddy

This is looking really nice Greg!   Your track work looks incredible.  That track plan was thought out and well done.

GPdemayo

Quote from: LongHornCaddy on August 27, 2017, 07:37:10 PM
This is looking really nice Greg!   Your track work looks incredible.  That track plan was thought out and well done.

Thanks Lou.....the track and structures are my favorite part of the process.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl

Hi Greg:

The RR is coming along nicely. I always enjoy.

Karl

tct855

Greg,
        At the risk of sounding like a copycat to what special K. said, but the truth hurts! ha.  It's coming along very nicely.  Thanx Thom...

GPdemayo

Quote from: postalkarl on August 28, 2017, 01:33:48 PM
Hi Greg:

The RR is coming along nicely. I always enjoy.

Karl

Thanks Karl.....I really will get some work on a few of the unfinished structures this fall.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: tct855 on August 28, 2017, 03:20:19 PM
Greg,
        At the risk of sounding like a copycat to what special K. said, but the truth hurts! ha.  It's coming along very nicely.  Thanx Thom...

Thanks Thom.....it is most definitely a slow work in progress.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

The sound has been installed in ole' #348 (formally ole' #148 because management is a bit befuddled on occasion) and the video is below.

Many thanks to the A&S for track rights for the video. StL&D management expressed a desire to have the video shot in a location that had wonderful scenery instead of the homosote world the engine is residing in at present.

Because the "vandy" tender couldn't be taken apart (everything was soldered together) the computer chip had to be installed in the boiler and the miniture speaker in the cab. Due to limitations in space, the chip doesn't have the keep alive function which has been recently discovered to be a bit of a necessity.

After discussions and recommendations by the "high priest of all things brass and other assorted matters (ACL1504)," it has been decided that a new chip with keep alive and a large 8 olm speaker will be placed in a USRA coal tender and the "vandy" tender will have to find another loco.

On a light note.....it is a hoot to listening to the engine sitting still and occasionally hearing the fireman shovel coal into the boiler of an oil fired engine.

As soon as the corrections are complete I'll post and updated video.

Note about C&O #603.....the TCS sound is great, but the engine has developed a problem with an axle bushing and must be send for repair. As soon as it is returned a video with a bunch of C&O heavyweight passenger cars will be shot and I'll get it posted.

Later.....
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

postalkarl

Hi Greg:

Thanks for sharing that great video.

Karl

ACL1504

Greg,

The video turned out nice. Not only did the A&S give you track rights for the run, you failed to mention old man Perkins let you use his wooden bridge to film the loco. The location is Baker's Curve.

Greg is correct in this Vandy tender not giving us access to the inside. The WOW decoder is in the boiler and a cell phone speaker is in the cab. With the boiler weight and decoder in the boiler there was no room for the keep alive.

By swapping the Vandy tender with a USRA one, we can install a larger 8ohm - 28mm speaker, move the decoder to the tender and thus give us room for the keep alive.

Later next year, the loco will be sent to the A&S RR paint shop for painting.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Greg,

Oh come on now, how much later my friend?

Inquiring minds and all that.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com