From the ashes comes the Phoenix

Started by DACS, December 22, 2020, 05:57:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DACS

This may sound like an overly dramatic title, with which to begin a build thread.  But it is actually, very apropos.
   A model railroaders scrap pile of leftovers, is like having a thousand small kits in a box.  Priceless!

I was looking at my 2 truck shay this a.m., mulling as it were, with a cup of joe in one hand and a homemade cinnamon roll in the other.  Something was missing.

Suddenly, I had a striking realization.  Or, in a more simple term; an epiphany!

The world took on a warm glow, amid all the B.S. that now surrounds us.

Well, that"s enough tongue in cheek for today. 
   What was missing?
   A perfect little scratch build for a windy, rainy, cold day!

Now comes...the anticipation. 😀

Dave
I am never having another birthday.  The candles for the cake are starting to cost too much!

Blazeman

DACS

I am.   It will be posted also.  Patience..

Dave
I am never having another birthday.  The candles for the cake are starting to cost too much!

ACL1504

Dave,

I'll be following along on your adventure.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

I'll be looking in to your mystery build.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Jerry

I guess it's still smoldering!  :)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

NEMMRRC

A lot can come from the leftover pile...

One item I hardly ever have leftover is 1/8" square strip wood.

Jaime

DACS

Ok, here is the short but sweet, little thread on what is missing on my shay.
It took 36 individual pieces to make this little gem.  Hope you like.

What is missing, are tool boxes on the running boards.

I have one built and am going to build another to hold jacks (which I am also building), and other assorted tools.

This particular one is for holding axes, oil can, rags, pics and shovels and other assorted paraphernalia. I didn't really measure it.  Just a seat of the pants thing.  It fits!

The materials I used are shown here:

DACS

HMMMMMM! I am somewhat confused.  The pics do not come up in the thread where they are supposed to.
One used to be able to place them where you wanted them in the thread then preview the thread before it was posted.  It does preview, but the pictures do not show up.

Any help is appreciated.  Things seem to have changed since my last tutorial threads.

Dave

NEMMRRC

Quote from: DACS on December 24, 2020, 11:34:12 AM
HMMMMMM! I am somewhat confused.  The pics do not come up in the thread where they are supposed to.
One used to be able to place them where you wanted them in the thread then preview the thread before it was posted.  It does preview, but the pictures do not show up.

Any help is appreciated.  Things seem to have changed since my last tutorial threads.

Dave
Dave,

Try this tutorial:
http://www.modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=4839.0

Jaime

DACS

Try again..

The sheet of lasered wood is left over from another kit that had board and batten siding.  The battens made their way into the scrap box. 

Still not able to preview.

Dave

DACS

Till I can figure this thing out, I guess I will let the pics do the talking.  They are rather self-explanatory.

Dave

DACS

One more post for today.

Again, they are self-explanatory.  Once I get to one that needs more than a pic, i will explain.

Dave

postalkarl

Hey Dave:

Looks like you are working on it. I will be following along.

Karl