KC's Workshop, Grumpy's Cafe - 2021 Build Challenge.

Started by ACL1504, January 01, 2021, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on January 02, 2021, 09:16:31 AM
I'll be following along as well.  Neat looking building.

Mark,

Thank you, happy to have you follow on this one.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: NEMMRRC on January 02, 2021, 09:20:39 AM
It's always been so challenging to keep the riff-raff out of this forum and now this ...

LOL  ;D  LOL  ;D

It's odd how I have been to the F&SM several times and made many photos of the layout but I never paid attention to what the structures are called. The only structure I know by name us the Y. B. Fardy (Makers of Gastorex) building Maybe that says more about me than the layout  :)

I'm looking forward to this one. Thanks for sharing.

Jaime

Jaime,

Ain't it the truth! George has some very clever names on many of his structures. Not as funny as Howard Zane does, but still clever. One Howard has I can share here is a Doctor's Office of Proctology. Dr. name is I. C. Pyles.

Happy to have you in the bleachers.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on January 02, 2021, 11:07:00 AM
Looks like I'll be looking in on another Langford build.....any truth to the rumor about the naming of the cafe?  ;)

Greg,

Hey, I appreciate you following along. Not sure about the truth but I am claiming this as my, I mean,  Grumpy's Cafe!

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on January 02, 2021, 11:10:00 AM
Looks like a fun build.  You know I'm on board for this one.   ;)

Bob,

Thanks and with the changes I have in mind it will be fun for me for sure.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here are the obligatory photos of the kits contents.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The signs are very clear and colorful.

There is a sign for the Riffraff Cafe if you want to use it. I'm sticking with Grumpy!

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

EricQuebec

Opa George

Nice looking kit.  I'll be following with great interest.

--Opa George

Jerry

Always a pleasure to follow one of your builds.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tom.boyd.125

Tom,
Neat looking structure and THANKS for scanning the signs...now I need to hook up the XMAS color printer...
Will follow along !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ACL1504

Quote from: EricQuebec on January 02, 2021, 03:48:49 PM
I will follow your effort on this one too
Eric

Eric,

Good to hear from you and thanks for following along. I'm anxious to start this one but I need to finish the FOS Riverbend Church first.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Opa George on January 03, 2021, 07:52:37 AM
Nice looking kit.  I'll be following with great interest.

--Opa George

George,

Thank you, happy to have you on the journey.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on January 03, 2021, 09:51:31 AM
Always a pleasure to follow one of your builds.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you for kind and generous compliment on my builds. Happy to have you along.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on January 03, 2021, 12:39:55 PM
Tom,
Neat looking structure and THANKS for scanning the signs...now I need to hook up the XMAS color printer...
Will follow along !
Tommy

Tommy,

Thanks for following along. FYI, the signs are not scanned to HO scale. If you want me to send a set, send me a PM with your address. I always take the kit signs to a local printer and have them scaled to HO. They do it better than I can.

The ones shown above were just taken with the camera, cropped and posted.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com