The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erieman

Top of the morning Tom,

I notice that there is something missing in the top photo on page two. There is not structure supports beneath the stairs on the left. Did these brake off? It is going to be agreat scene when completed. Can't wait to see how you handle all the crates. They will really make the scene pop. More progress pics please.

Frank / Erieman

deemery

Something I learned from my in-laws.  You do NOT want to confuse Hispanics from one island with those from another.  That's a good way cause damage to your cojones  :D

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on June 01, 2021, 10:15:50 PM
ACL 1504,
               Beautiful work and great follow along pictorial as always my friend!  I can't wait for the official full length video of the empire once you have finished tickling the plywood base with all the foam, wood, castings & paint.  8)
                                                                                  Thanx Thom...

Thom,

Thank you for the compliment. I'm still learning how to edit videos. It ain't easy.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on June 02, 2021, 01:15:39 AM
HeyTom:

Looks just great. Can't wait to see more.

Karl

Karl,

Thanks very much. I should have more to show tomorrow evening.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on June 02, 2021, 08:26:30 AM
Looks like you're going "Greg Speed" on Tahope Tom..... 8)

Greg,

I was at "Greg Speed" and I either got pulled over or hit a speed bump.  :-X

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jbvb on June 02, 2021, 09:13:33 AM
Following along here too.  Good start!

James,

Thank you for following along and the nice words of support.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on June 02, 2021, 06:51:17 PM
Tom thanks for the update it's looking just fine!
Wonderful job!

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you and you are very welcome. Happy to have you along on the adventure.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on June 03, 2021, 03:38:47 AM
Tom:

I really have to tell you that i really like how your grass and trees look. Always enjoy your photos.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you for the kind and generous compliment. My scenery and grass is usually done in 3-4 steps/layers depending on what I want it to look like.

However, the trees were custom made by a very special and talented friend. Please refer to my comment above about the trees.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on June 03, 2021, 07:32:57 AM
Things are really shaping up wonderfully on this end of Tahope!  I sure am looking forward to the next installment.   ;)

Bob,

Yes, the Tahope folks are very happy to see some scenery coming together. I'll have more in the coming days. I appreciate you stopping by.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on June 03, 2021, 08:16:04 AM
Tom

Great progress! It really looks good. Seeing you get motivated is helping me get moving, too.

John,

Thank you for the kind compliment. I think I get motivated from you. But, I'm happy to help you to get motivated as well.

Tom  ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Judge on June 03, 2021, 11:45:11 AM
Tom - I really like the way this area is shaping up. 

You can tell the residents of Tahope County are forward-thinking by enticing a Cuban couple to open Gusano's Loco Restaurant south of the Tahope River.  There were very few Cubans in Florida in 1950.  There were a few in Miami, but most of the Cubans lived in Tampa and worked in the cigar industry or in one of the many excellent Cuban restaurants in the area.  I particularly remember Spanish Park and the Columbia.  I hope Gusano serves Trout Russian Style and Shrimp Valdez with fried plantains.  BTW, I do not think the "Loco" in the restaurant name refers to locomotives.  You might want to Google Gusano's daughter, Yanet Garcia, who moved to Mexico to become the most famous weather girl on television.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7xrjql

Bill,

Thank you and I'm very pleased at this point also.

We are always happy to have new places to eat in Tahope. The "Crazy Exile" is one such establishment. Yanet is "too much" if you catch my drift.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Erieman on June 03, 2021, 12:36:02 PM
Top of the morning Tom,

I notice that there is something missing in the top photo on page two. There is not structure supports beneath the stairs on the left. Did these brake off? It is going to be agreat scene when completed. Can't wait to see how you handle all the crates. They will really make the scene pop. More progress pics please.

Frank / Erieman

Frank,

You are correct. I have the supports but am waiting until the final "planting" before I add the delicate details back to the structure.

I'm not looking forward to the crates but it will be fun non the less. I'm very please with how the scene and two structures are coming together.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on June 03, 2021, 12:57:51 PM
Something I learned from my in-laws.  You do NOT want to confuse Hispanics from one island with those from another.  That's a good way cause damage to your cojones  :D

dave

Dave,

I learned it as well as a Patrol Sergeant. I had one Puerto Rican and two Cubans on one of my squads. Man, it was like oil and water. I won't say any more but I had to transfer one of each to other squads. It actually became any "officer safety" issue.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on June 03, 2021, 01:55:55 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on June 02, 2021, 08:26:30 AM
Looks like you're going "Greg Speed" on Tahope Tom..... 8)

Greg,

I was at "Greg Speed" and I either got pulled over or hit a speed bump.  :-X

Tom  ;D

Hey Tom.....I'm hoping it was a pull over, that way you get off without a ticket when you pull out that retirement badge.  ::)

A bad hit on a speed bump could cost you a bit of money if it wrecks the suspension on the SUV. :'(
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

postalkarl