The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKP768

Prayers and thoughts for a speedy recovery Tom.

Doug

ACL1504

Hello all,

I'm bumping this thread. I have a lot of catching up to do but I won't have time to do it all. What I plan to do is show some highlights until I'm back to normal with Part 4.

Tom
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

ACL1504

Mark, Cheers,

Yes, it is. I also have found a home on the other forum.

Tom 
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

darrylhuffman

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@gmail.com

You can follow my blog here:

http://ghosttownmodels.blogspot.com

You can find my Youtube Channel of Model Building Videos Here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1J2Ord8fgo3yR6veiI7b_g/videos

ACL1504

Darryl,

When I thought this forum was long gone and not coming back, I drifted to the RR Lines forum.

I've been very active there for the past 18 months. 

Now, I'm spending a little time on each forum but not to a detailed build as I did in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I love this place and will always participate here but I need to pace myself between the two.

Tom 
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

A lot has been completed on the A&S RR since Jimmy D. shut down the old forum.

I won't attempt to cover all the step by steps as in past post. I will do a Cliff Notes version to bring everyone up to date. I need to go back a dozen pages and see exactly where I stopped.

I should have an updated update tomorrow afternoon.

Tom 
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I couldn't decide where to start on the update so I'll start on the third level coach yard.

I wanted to have a yard for storage of passenger cars and I had the room. I won't comment here as the photos tell the story.

Remember, I'm giving everyone the Cliff Notes version until I get to the actual update.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The two tracks to the right are the passenger train tracks. They lead into the five track passenger station.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The cork shows where the diesel service facility will go on the upper level. The upper level is also know as Summit.

Done for today.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I started adding ballast to the turntable roundhouse area.

This  is a very busy area.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com