The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Hey Tom.......will the theater show "The Blob" after ""The Body Snatcher" finishes its run?..... ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on September 09, 2021, 07:53:09 PM
So I take it that means that you chartered a cargo plane to drop off the latest shipment of Diet Pepsi?

8) 8) 8)

Cousin Brucie,

Wow, can't believe I haven't posted to this build thread since September. Hopefully, I'm back on the road to working on the A&S RR.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Judge on September 18, 2021, 03:11:51 PM
Bruce - The Tahope International Airlines has only one airplane - it is a 1914 Fokker biplane.  The pilot is a former German WWI flying ace named Baron Heinrich Von Henhausen.  Air service is not regularly scheduled - mostly charter flights that deliver Diet Pepsi to the A&S's president.  Regular deliveries come from Jacksonville on the East Coast Champion.

Your Honor,

You pretty much summed it all up!

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on October 07, 2021, 07:41:59 AM
Hey Tom.......will the theater show "The Blob" after ""The Body Snatcher" finishes its run?..... ;D

Greg,

When I get to this build, I'm going to change the movie to the Mole People! My sister Susie took me to see The Mole People one Saturday. She was told not to take me so I wouldn't have any nightmares.  Well, she took me anyway and yes. later that night I woke up screaming the mole people were after me. Dad gave me a shot of bourbon to get me back to sleep. Susie and I laugh about that now as I got the bourbon and she got a spanking and was grounded for a month.

Yes, I do have the movie.  8)

Tom   ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I walk past this part of the layout no less than a couple dozen times a day. I decided to update the scenery here.

I'll work on this when waiting for paint and glue to dry on structure builds.

More in a few. I need a cold Diet Pepsi.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

deemery

Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Jerry

Tom looking forward to how you redo the area!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Bruce Oberleitner

Quote from: deemery on November 26, 2021, 07:33:12 PM

Posters all over town?

dave

Wow!  Looks like a geat movie!  Who wouldn't want to see this on the big screen with your date, some popcorn and a Diet Pepsi.

;D ;D ;D

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on November 28, 2021, 08:51:57 AM
Tom looking forward to how you redo the area!!

Jerry

Jerry,

Me too, but now it will have to wait until mid to late January 2022.  :'(

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on November 29, 2021, 01:05:10 AM

Wow!  Looks like a greateat movie!  Who wouldn't want to see this on the big screen with your date, some popcorn and a Diet Pepsi.

;D ;D ;D

Bruce,

The Mole People came out in December 1956, I was 10, so no date for me.  Diet Pepsi didn't come out until 1964 so I lost all the way around.

Another good one came out in 1954 - The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The Judge and I shot another short video this morning. He will have this on his Saturday Report but I'm putting it here as part of the layout build.

We had a trio of ACL F-3s pulling a mixed freight through Tahope. The train is leaving Tahope southbound towards the St. Johns River.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsi4N4nWmFA

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

cuse

Very nice. Those Palm trees are really a nice touch.

John

tom.boyd.125

Tom,
Will be thinking of those Palm trees as the temps in Minnesota drop to single digits.
Really nice video of the freight train too.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com