The Flux Mill [Diorama]

Started by Keep It Rusty, July 13, 2021, 11:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keep It Rusty

John — that's amazing. You are several hundred steps ahead of where I started! You'll like Fusion. Especially the free part. And I'm available to answer your questions when you're ready.

Outside of the design process, the other learning curve is "supporting".

I touched on it in this blog post here: https://keepitrusty.com/?p=1032

Tinkercad is something I still use, depending on the project! Free and entirely web-based!

Karl — thank you for stopping by with your kind words! Really appreciate that.

Bernd

Neat blog Craig. Just joined. Will make good reading on a rainy day.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

S&S RR

Craig

I also joined your blog, today. Great stuff.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Keep It Rusty

Bernd, John — thanks for subscribing!

Whilst I tend to double post there and here, I also upload additional content just for the blog.

Keep It Rusty

Hey everyone.

So, this weekend, I got the FLUX Mill across the line.

I have more details on my blog about the making of it: https://keepitrusty.com/?p=1795

Here's the finished build:

Dennis Bourey

That is one Beautiful build there. Wow!!! You 3D the window's too? Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

Keep It Rusty

Thanks, Dennis!

The windows are all from my Tichy supply.

pbltrains

Craig,

That is one gorgeous structure.  It is a wonder to look at from all angles.

Seth P.
Minnesota

Keep It Rusty

Seth, thanks so much. As my first laser cut design of my own, I'm thrilled to hear it!

vinceg

Geez, Craig - a real head turner. Love the exquisite detailing, especially the overstuffed chair, the mattress, and the fridge. Weathering is delightfully dilapidated. Fantastic scene.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

Mark Dalrymple

Beautiful work, Craig.

What a great design. You have fit your structure into the slopping terrain wonderfully.  Lots of great eye candy.  I really like the Flux sign.  The old guy looks like he's thinking about climbing in that open window... 

Cheers, Mark.

GPdemayo

Excellent scene Craig.....great work.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Craig,

I've carefully viewed your Lamont Camera and Flux builds. My honest opinion is that you have surpassed Sellios in design, everyday details and weathering.

This diorama is just fantastic. I'm truly amazed.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Keep It Rusty

Quote from: vinceg on August 01, 2021, 11:21:26 PM
Geez, Craig - a real head turner. Love the exquisite detailing, especially the overstuffed chair, the mattress, and the fridge. Weathering is delightfully dilapidated. Fantastic scene.

Thank you, Vince. My wife said "Why don't you try making something look new next time?".

But, of course, there's just too much character in weathering to ever do that... glad you agree!

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on August 02, 2021, 05:29:35 AM
Beautiful work, Craig.

What a great design. You have fit your structure into the slopping terrain wonderfully.  Lots of great eye candy.  I really like the Flux sign.  The old guy looks like he's thinking about climbing in that open window... 

Cheers, Mark.

Thanks, Mark! So glad you like it. I continue to take leaves from your book on slopes! I originally had that OAP just walking down the street. Then I turned them 90 degrees and suddenly a whole new story came through. Disappointed with the way things have changed recently, with all this dumping? Maybe they are going through the window? A retired cat burglar tempted for one last go around?

Quote from: GPdemayo on August 02, 2021, 07:33:05 AM
Excellent scene Craig.....great work.  8)

Thank you, Greg!

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 02, 2021, 07:58:02 AM
Craig,

I've carefully viewed your Lamont Camera and Flux builds. My honest opinion is that you have surpassed Sellios in design, everyday details and weathering.

This diorama is just fantastic. I'm truly amazed.

Tom  ;D

Wow. This is the probably the best review I've ever received. Thank you, so much, Tom. I really am flattered. I aspire to George's work day-in-day-out, so to get anywhere close is a true honor.

Jerry

One word "Exceptional"!!!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln