North Pole Square of The Polar Express

Started by carl b, September 18, 2021, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

Another part of the project that comes out just right.

Amazing work Carl.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

carl b

Thank you Jerry.

Should have it done soon....
Carl

ACL1504

This is just amazing and wonderful to watch it all come together.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

carl b

Thank you Tom.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build!
Carl

carl b

The base is now painted and dry brushed its final colors. Steps, railings and pedestal glued down. Between the rails I installed a wooden insert, and covered it with a light coat of joint compound & more paint.

A  common 12" twisted wire bottlebrush tree is being decorated with miniature lights and ornaments by the Mrs.. Some were hung with decorative string, but a hot glue gun was used for most items..

The interurban, colonnade and the tree are having their LED wires fished through the top, then the entire unit lowered down & glued to the bottom section.

I can now mount the building and finish up the wiring.

A 9 volt 1500 ma power supply is sufficient for this many lights.

I found a Micronart (sadly closed down) brass kit of an 1889 4 passenger sleigh. A single small .009" sheet of parts. Instructions were straightforward and CA glue is recommended.

The bench seats are folded in to shape. I pre-painted these and other parts and will touch up later.

You could leave the brass alone in some areas like the main runners and rails, but it just looked too stark. I mixed some silver and bronze metallic paints together instead.

Preiser brand reindeer and Santa Claus are receiving some much needed color alterations and aging.

Till next time....the final pix....
Carl

cuse

This thread continues to be mind-bogglingly good...your work is so creative and yet your progress so steady and decisive -like you're following instructions.

Really great.

John

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

PaulS

Just fantastic Carl !!
The final diorama will not disappoint, I'm sure.
Wonderful creativity and craftsmanship,
Looks like this will be finished just in time to display for the season, love it when a plan comes together,
All the best,
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

Janbouli

I am totally in love with this thread , what a wonderful build.
I love photo's, don't we all.

carl b

John, Curt Paul and Janbouli- thank you all very much for your kind words.

I sincerely appreciate your attention.
Carl

Jerry

Fantastic work Carl.  Just so much precision and how it all comes together so easily!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Opa George

Wonderful work, Carl.  This has to be one of my favorite threads of all time.  And it really puts me in a festive mood.
Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work. Can't wait for the final unveiling!

--Opa George
George Nagle
Twin Mountain Barge & Navigation Co.
Harrisburg, PA

NKP768

carl b

Jerry, George and Doug, thank you very much!

Happy this put you in a Holiday mood, that was my purpose all along!
Carl

postalkarl

Hey Carl:

All look just great so far. Love Santa's sleigh.

Karl