Sunday October 6, 2024

Started by jerryrbeach, October 06, 2024, 08:18:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerryrbeach

Good morning.

Very foggy here this morning, and a ride to the diner for breakfast might be problematic.  Digging through the larder is in order.  Looks like blueberry pancakes with maple syrup is the best we can do.  Bacon on the side with the usual beverages; coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and a Diet Pepsi for everyone knows who.

I managed to mow the lawn yesterday so today I'm planning to get out of the house when the fog lifts and take a "road trip" to explore where the train tracks used to go along a branch line from Cortland, NY to Cincinnatus, NY. It would be easier to locate the former roadbed after the leaves drop, but the forecast is for a sunny day, and I'm past ready to take a train related ride, albeit in the car. 

I hope everyone has a safe and rewarding day!
Jerry

Vietnam Seabee

Jerry....are you anywhere near East Meridith, NY?   The Hanford Mill Museum looks interesting
terry

ReadingBob

Morning all,

Rain. Rain today. Rain tomorrow. Rain Tuesday. Hurricane Wednesday so, yeah, more rain.

Almost finished the mobile home. Just need to scenic the base. Dirt, asphalt, weeds, etc.

Have a great one.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Zephyrus52246

Morning all.

Hawkeyes got blown out in the second half yesterday.  The Patriots are favored today (how bad must Miami be?).  Will watch and listen to football later.  

Working on the small structure still and have a small piece of track to paint.  

Jeff

Jerry

Morning everyone

Thanks for the coffee & breakfast Jerry.
Have a nice drive in the country.

Bob looking forward to your latest update.

Jeff I'll get to see your progress also have a nice day.

Weather in South Jersey sunny/73.
Maybe we will take the dog over to the park or to the beach for a nice walk.
Not sure about bench time.

Everyone have a great day! ;D

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Morning all,

Like Bob said, rain and more rain. And then more rain.

Stay safe and healthy ya'll.

Tom

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Onewolf

Still morning all,

Working on the basement 'garage' space.  I call it 'garage' space because it has a garage door.  The only vehicle that might ever park in that space is a lawn mower.  Finished the baseboard and starting the door casing for the doorway into the space under the stairs.

I also got the Grizzly dust collector running. Now I need to setup the vacuum hose system for it.  In order to do that I need to figure out where the dust producers (miter saw, table saw, etc) will be positioned.

I have a theory of how I plan to organize the space (4x8 bench-work assembly table (also doubles as out-feed for table saw), 6x8 lumber storage rack, table saw, miter saw, dust collector.  I don't think the lawn mower is going to fit during the period when I am building bench-work.

Have a great day y'all!

Doug

deemery

Doug, what kind of wall are you attaching the dust collection ductwork to?  I have mine about 1/2 installed, I've had problems mounting that stuff to the cement foundation in the basement.  (Tapcons haven't worked well for me, and I'm not sure why.)

It's a cooler fall day, but still a bit above average temps here.  Leaves as a result are behind in changing.  The drive up to Center Harbor NH was nice, as was the NMRA meet there.  Today I'm working on the tension rods for the wood truss bridge.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Onewolf

Quote from: deemery on October 06, 2024, 01:28:47 PMDoug, what kind of wall are you attaching the dust collection ductwork to?  I have mine about 1/2 installed, I've had problems mounting that stuff to the cement foundation in the basement.  (Tapcons haven't worked well for me, and I'm not sure why.)

dave

The dust collector "pre" garbage can collector will be in the corner and I can run the pipe up either the drywall/wood interior stud wall or the drywall/metal stud basement wall. Unless there is compelling reason I plan to attach the pipe up the wood stud wall into the open ceiling and then across the open ceiling to the location above where the table saw and miter saw will be. And then I will run 2.5" flex hose down to each saw output.

deemery

That should work well.  You don't need a lot of strength to hold up the ductwork.  Are you planning to run a copper wire through for a ground?  The articles on dust control I've read have all said that's required.  

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Onewolf

Quote from: deemery link=ms176069 date=1728246036That should work well.  You don't need a lot of strength to hold up the ductwork.  Are you planning to run a copper wire through for a ground?  The articles on dust control I've read have all said that's required. 

dave

Yes I plan to run a copper wire thru the vacuum hose/pipe.  While very rare, static electricity + dust can go BOOM.