Geezer's Lounge (Rev 1) - Volume 6

Started by Rick, September 05, 2026, 06:28:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

friscomike

Good morning, folks,

Larry, thanks for opening, coffee, and tasty eggs.  Good luck at the doc's.  

Rick, thanks for the photo. Nothing like a trip to the hobby shop to start the boiler fire...

Curt, good luck with the auto repair.  Hope the storm passes with no damage.

Thanks to everyone for the condolences about the deer encounter.  Dave, I never thought to use comprehensive.  I wonder if it is too late to change from collision?  I'll take her car in for repair this morning. 

I went upstairs yesterday but couldn't get motivated to do anything.  I'll try again this afternoon.

Have fun,
mike

deemery

Rick, when I got back into modeling (did this twice), I started by picking a kit, then assembling (finding or buying) the tools for that kit.  When we moved here, and everything was still boxed up, I got a Bar Mills kit, an X-Acto Knife, some nail files, paint and brushes.  It kept me motivated while planning and contracting the work to finish the basement.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

KentuckySouthern

8) Sun and pleasant in MI this morning, warming later into the 70s.  That MAY draw me outside to do some stuff.  :-[

I worked off and on with Sculptamold on the layout yesterday, 10' or so.  Also baked a loaf of bread, frozen just let it set out until it rises stuff from the store.  Turned out well. 

All I got...be well all.

(NEVER been to a chiropractor..) :o

Philip


elwoodblues

Good morning everyone,

Thanks for the coffee and breakfast Larry, hope you make it to the bench today.

Rick, buying model railroad supplies? Only a matter of time now. 😊

Curt, hope the garage visit isn't too painful.

Mike, hope the motivation comes back today.

Dave, how you got back into modeling sounds like what I did every time I went to a new project.

Karl, hope you have a good day today.

Philip, good morning.

Current temperature is 9c (49f) and overcast, looks like a rainy day ahead.  No modeling last night as I watched the hockey game instead, they did not play well and lost.  Not sure what tonight will bring.

Have a great day everyone.
Ron Newby
General Manager
Clearwater Valley Railroad Co.
www.cvry.ca

Jerry

Morning everyone

Larry thanks for the coffee & breakfast.
Looking for more updates.

Rick nice picture.
Hope you find the stuff you need to get going.

Curt good luck with the car.

Mike good luck with getting the insurance changed.

Dave good plan you had there.

Karl pictures soon of your work on the RR.

Morning Philip.

Ron to bad about your loss in hockey.

Weather in South Jersey is sunny/54.  Later on 68.
Nothing from the bench again just can't seem to get going again.

Everyone have a great day!!  :)

Jerry



"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Powered by EzPortal