Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin -- 1950's

Started by ak-milw, December 24, 2013, 06:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ak-milw

I have been held up on the backdrop board because of the weather, I have to cut it outside. Working on the  wiring.

postalkarl

Andy:

what are you using for your outside layout border. Looks like pine tongue & groove. I really like the way that looks.

Karl

ak-milw

Quote from: postalkarl on March 10, 2017, 08:22:44 AM
Andy:

what are you using for your outside layout border. Looks like pine tongue & groove. I really like the way that looks.

Karl

Right you are Karl, knotty pine tongue and groove. I did most of the walls in the basement with this stuff, I really like it, I just am using up all the cutoff pieces. It comes in 8ft lengths, 5/16 thick and about 3 1/2 inches wide. I  figured the layout will blend in with the walls.

ak-milw

Amongst all the female voices in the house saying "your sick and should be resting" I have the backdrop board mounted and sanded, ready for paint. The only one that didn't give me grief was the dog.

Janbouli

Dog is after all , man's best friend.  ;)   Get well soon.
I love photo's, don't we all.

jerryrbeach

Andy,
There is a time for everything, as much as I love seeing your layout progress, hope you take some time to rest and get better.   All those voices cannot be wrong. 
Jerry

ak-milw

Backdrop primed and painted. And as soon as you get a nice blue sky, the clouds roll in. Next step is the background hills.

If my wife or daughters ask who did this I am telling them one of you guy's did, I wasn't supposed to.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

sdrees

Andy,  All the women are concerned about your health.  That their job.  Hopefully my sister will be here next month to help me paint my backdrop.
Steve Drees
SP RR

ak-milw

I did manage to finish up the backdrop.

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Zephyrus52246

I like the hills.  I may have to think about doing something similar on my backdrop.   :)

Jeff

ak-milw

Thanks guy's, the most part of it will be covered up by some bluffs. hopefully

tom.boyd.125

Andy,
  Nice start to the next section of your layout. Backdrop looks great. Looks like the MOW crew will be kept busy this month.
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision