The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKP768

Thanks Tom - I'm slowly moving to this stage - I'm modeling the Nickel Plate through northern Indiana which means a lot of single track mains with long passing tracks so the signaling will be a major visual point (you can only do so much with modeling a corn field). I have a number of the ancient NJ International signals that I will be converting to LED. This is a big help - thanks again.

Doug

ACL1504

Doug,

You are very welcome. If you have any questions or get stuck please feel free to call or email me.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Two more signals installed and wired.

I'm taking the rest of the day off.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Work continues on the layout. Not much to show of wiring and track laying.

After leaving Three Fingered Freddy's Fireworks, I spotted an ACL pacific through the pine trees.The firebox was really glowing as it coasted into the station at Piney Woods.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Late afternoon at the Piney Woods station finds the Champion dropping off one passenger. Typical of A&S RR engineers, always blocking the road no matter what.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

That's a great shot of the Pacific with the glowing firebox.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

sdrees

Steve Drees
SP RR

jimmillho

cuse

madharry

Blazeman

Nice work, Tom.  Brings back memories from my 1957 visit to see my grandparents in the Ocala area.  Their must be some scratch in that family in the woods to have a concrete driveway pad. As you depict in the station shot, county roads were unimproved.

I can hear the crickets and birds.

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: cuse on February 24, 2019, 02:17:14 AM
Those track-level pics are really great!

John,

Thank you, appreciate you looking in.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com