Sheepscot Autocar C-90 for the A&S Railroad.

Started by Raymo, June 15, 2015, 05:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi Raymo:

Very nicely done. Can't wait to see it in paint.

Karl

mecrr

Dan, you may have mentioned it somewhere, but I can't find how you do windows on resin vehicles.
David
David Stickney - modeling the MeC while stranded in real Northern California (it ain't LA folks)

mecrr

David Stickney - modeling the MeC while stranded in real Northern California (it ain't LA folks)

tom.boyd.125

Raymo,
Nice job on this truck build. At the start of this tread you mentioned a video that was done. Can you post a link for it or where it can be purchased if someone is interested ? Also are their models only available direct from them since I don't recall ever seeing any Sheepscot models available in the hobby shops I visited in the states of Illinois, Texas or Minnesota.
Thanks !
Tom
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Raymo

Quote from: martin.ojaste on June 30, 2015, 08:13:03 AM
Hmm, those pin holes are worrying.

It looks like the resin had microscopic bubbles that the paint solvent managed to find and soak into. Did the resin have a hard shell-like finish? Did you sand before and after the priming? Any suggestions on how to avoid it.

Marty
Marty that's exactly what happens, but you can't see them till you apply a finish to the resin. I do sand the primer with fine grit sand paper and it helps. Like I said light coats while painting helps.

Raymo

Quote from: ReadingBob on June 30, 2015, 01:45:58 PM
Very, very nice Dan.  Your builds are superb.  I notice you're using Floquil Primer.  What do you plan on using when you run out of that?  I ask because I'm running low.  I'll use Floquil Earth next, I have several bottles of that, but sooner or later I need to find something else to use.  :(
Thanks Bob. I still have some Floquil and Testors primer but I'm always looking. I tried this Krylon I bought at the local hardware store. It went on a little muddy but dried dead flat. It's a little darker too.

Raymo

Quote from: postalkarl on July 01, 2015, 07:33:41 AM
Hi Raymo:

Very nicely done. Can't wait to see it in paint.

Karl
Thank you sir. I can't wait to see it painted myself. ;D

Raymo

Quote from: mecrr on July 01, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Dan, you may have mentioned it somewhere, but I can't find how you do windows on resin vehicles.
David
Thanks David. I use Gallery Glass for windows, it doesn't seem to cloud up and attract dust like the others. Stay COOL and Hydrated

Raymo

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on July 01, 2015, 03:12:18 PM
Raymo,
Nice job on this truck build. At the start of this tread you mentioned a video that was done. Can you post a link for it or where it can be purchased if someone is interested ? Also are their models only available direct from them since I don't recall ever seeing any Sheepscot models available in the hobby shops I visited in the states of Illinois, Texas or Minnesota.
Thanks !
Tom
Thanks for following Tom. The video is available from B.E.S.T. Trains, Chester Fesmire shows some of his tricks to building Jordans and I do a build of a Sheepscot International. Sheepscot is a direct only dealer now and his website can be confusing. He's home most of the time if you want to try calling. 

Raymo

As I told Karl it's time for paint and the colors have been chosen, Tru Color black for the chassis and CNJ Deep Sea Green for everything else. But it has to wait till next week because the jar adapter on my air brush came apart and I'm waiting for the replacement to arrive. :o

Raymo

The part arrived for my airbrush and I was good to go. Because of the warm weather, the paint flashed off (dried) quicker than expected so the paint dried a little flatter then normal. It's not a problem though,so I can move forward with this build. Up next, Detail Painting.

NEMMRRC

Raymo

I have one that I use in the winter. During the warm weather I use a bench in the garage. I need to finish this build up.

ACL1504

Dan,

The truck is looking really great. The small extra details sure bring it to life. Love the color.

I owe you big time. Thanks.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Raymo

As I stated in this mornings daily thread, I got back on working on this kit. I started by painting the mirrors and headlights semi-gloss black. The grille,roof marker lights and the inside of the headlights were painted silver and the windows were painted Grimy Black. I also painted the coal load Grimy Black.