The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Dalrymple

Looking very nice, Tom.  The scene is really starting to come together.

6 hours - I'm surprised you had any blood left!

Cheers, mark.

Bruce Oberleitner

Hi Tom,
Sorry to hear that the model demanded another "blood sacrifice" from you.  Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

BTW, the town site is coming along nicely.

Cousin Brucie

:'( :'( :'(

MAP

Yikes!  Sorry to hear you've been bloodied again.  I thought the art of blood letting was back in the Dark Ages!  Great progress on the scene.  As usual it's been fun watching you work your magic.
Mark

ACL1504

Quote from: mark dalrymple on September 25, 2019, 03:24:29 PM
Looking very nice, Tom.  The scene is really starting to come together.

6 hours - I'm surprised you had any blood left!

Cheers, mark.

Mark,

Thank you, appreciate you stopping by. It still stung after six hours but the bleeding stopped soon after the bandage was applied.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on September 26, 2019, 12:36:51 AM
Hi Tom,
Sorry to hear that the model demanded another "blood sacrifice" from you.  Hope you get to feeling better real soon.

BTW, the town site is coming along nicely.

Cousin Brucie

:'( :'( :'(

Brucie,

Yea, me too. It stung like a "bee-atch" for several hours.  I used pepper to stop the bleeding, then washed it with peroxide and the added the pressure bandage. Hate it when these things happen during a work session. 8)

Oh, and thank you for the compliment.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: MAP on September 27, 2019, 11:08:46 AM
Yikes!  Sorry to hear you've been bloodied again.  I thought the art of blood letting was back in the Dark Ages!  Great progress on the scene.  As usual it's been fun watching you work your magic.

Mark,

I said a few Dark Age words afterwards. Thanks for the compliment. I'm back to moving right along on the thread.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The finger is now on the mend and I can type without any lingering affects from the cut.

The spur leading to Tahope is a 30 degree curve. Once I got the main highway set, I needed to add the paved portion between the rails.

I used a scrap piece of cardboard and marked the edges of the road.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Next, using the 30 degree Ribbonrail as a guide, I penciled in the curve of the track.

I then cut, yikes, inside the lines for the center of track portion.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Not shown here, but later shown, I trimmed this piece to fit the track.

Moving forward and all the main  highway was cut and laid in place but not yet glued.

I moved to the freight depot next. I needed to cut the cardboard to fit the area marked in black.

Using the piece I cut the road from, I placed it against the road, matching the cut curved sections. I marked on the cardboard where the entrance to the depot was located.

I then cut that piece to fit.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

In the next photo you can see I added 4X12's next to the rails.

The freight depot parking lot was cut and added next.

Back in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

4X12s were added for the crossing. These were glued in place and trimmed to fit. The cardboard is still only inplace and not glued.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The road crossing the four Tahope tracks was added next.

Fast forward and finished.

Continued -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I then added the narrow back road. This road gives me access to FOS' DeGraws Poultry and FSM Jefferies Staves.

The roadway is cut and in place.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The road isn't crooked, I drew and cut it this way to keep it from being so linear to the edge.

It also fits the angle of the Jefferies structure.

I'll have more tomorrow or Sunday afternoon.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Tom,

As usual, great progress.  Your placement of the streets makes perfect sense, the roads flow through your scenes and compliment them rather than looking like an afterthought.  I really like the planked crossings, top shelf effort in both design and execution, but I expect no less from you.  Once again, kudos. 
Jerry