Norm Wolf's CSX/RF&P Sub - Acca & Dahlgren Branch

Started by ndwolf68, November 13, 2018, 10:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ndwolf68

Folks,
I'm hoping thru your inspirations, I get back some motivations & move on with my layout.  I started this Summer (we moved here last December), but quickly petered out, with all that's going on, family- & health-wise.  Anyway, I'll try to get back to it, but here's where I'm at...

Dimensions are 18' x 8'8".  Benchwork is a slight take on Dave Barrow's Dominoes, so I can move this, if necessary.  Track plan will be forthcoming, as I figure out some things.

R/,
Norm

ACL1504

Norm,

Looks good so far. Isn't this a little more space than you had in VA?

Looking forward to the build.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ndwolf68

Quote from: ACL1504 on November 13, 2018, 10:55:22 AM
Norm,

Looks good so far. Isn't this a little more space than you had in VA?

Looking forward to the build.

Tom ;D

Weeeeeell, in our Apartment ('14-'17), definitely more.  Not as big as what was in our home (RF&P Doswell).  I'll try to dig up a last photo of each, before demolition, for comparison.
R/,
Norm

Jerry

Hey Norm good to see you back!

Looks like your off to a good start keep at it I'll follow you along.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

BandOGuy

Utah, huh?
Just when youtaught you were settled in Virginia.
Moving and the resulting re-engineering of an abode just ain't no fun. Seriously carves into your more important tasks.
From The Voice of Experience.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

ndwolf68

Quote from: BandOGuy on November 13, 2018, 11:42:13 AM

Utah, huh?
Just when youtaught you were settled in Virginia.
Moving and the resulting re-engineering of an abode just ain't no fun. Seriously carves into your more important tasks.
From The Voice of Experience.

Yeah, I hear ya. We've moved several times, in my (almost) 30 years with Uncle Sam, and we hope this is the last. Our goal was to retire here in Utah, near wife's family, our daugjters and grandbabies. Glad we got to donit sooner, rather than later.
Hopefully, I'll get this layout going...

R/,
Norm

oldbloodhound

Good stockpile of canned goods. 
New layout will be good for you.
8)

ndwolf68

Quote from: oldbloodhound on November 13, 2018, 11:46:53 AM
Good stockpile of canned goods. 
New layout will be good for you.
8)

Can you believe she did that in this summer??? We have apple sauce, peaches, corn, and jam coming out of our ears! No complaints, though, as it is sooooo delicious and no preservatives!

R/,
Norm

ReadingBob

Here's hoping you can put the stuff behind you that's been holding you back and get back into layout building mode.  I love seeing others do what I'm a pro at procrastinating on.   ::)  I'll be following along for sure.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Welcome back Norm.....looking forward to your new layout build.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jimmillho

Nice backdrop Norm.......now just a couple of clouds and you will almost done. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jim

Jim

Dave K.

Hope you're on the mend, Norm. Look forward to seeing your layout progress.

jerryrbeach

Norm,

Looking forward to your progress.  Do you have some basic givens and druthers as far as a track plan?  Or, a even a preliminary plan you could share with us?
Jerry

ndwolf68

Quote from: Dave K. on November 13, 2018, 06:32:06 PM
Hope you're on the mend, Norm. Look forward to seeing your layout progress.

Thanks, Dave!  A little surgery on Dec 3rd, then 4-6 weeks recovery, and hopefully 2019 will be a much better year.

R/,
Norm

ndwolf68

Quote from: jerryrbeach on November 13, 2018, 08:56:13 PM

Norm,

Looking forward to your progress.  Do you have some basic givens and druthers as far as a track plan?  Or, a even a preliminary plan you could share with us?

Sorry, I should've gotten this up right away.  Bob Sprague (www.bobstrackplans.com) did this, with some big input by friend Bernie Kempinski.  The 'power plant lead' which is on the real branch, will become a frozen food distributor (using the Promotex concrete prefab kits).  Lots of other kits I've been toying with to fit the industries... lots more to do.

Questions & comments always welcome.

R/,
Norm