Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Dennis and Jerry

Yes, we have a plan. Thank you for following along.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Mark Dalrymple

Shingles are looking really good, John.

It looks like you have some interesting builds lined up for next year.  Its always good to see some SRM kit builds coming up.

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on November 01, 2020, 01:49:09 PM
Shingles are looking really good, John.

It looks like you have some interesting builds lined up for next year.  Its always good to see some SRM kit builds coming up.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

As always, thank you for following along and the encouraging words.  I have a number of Bob's kits coming up although Sayles Mill will be one of the last that I plan on building like the prototype. I'm playing with some ideas for the town of Vansel that will mix and match a number of structures from a bunch of George and Bob's kits. You may even see some other kit manufactures represented along with some scratch built ideas.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here is a picture of the Shingle Mill I mentioned earlier that I was building as a side project. This structure will be in the background built into the mountainside next to the Narrow Gauge Line.  Behind the Beach Farms estate. This is a C. C. Crow kit that I picked up at a Narrow Gauge Convention probably 25 years ago. I have some detail work to do on it but thought it was worth a picture in it's current state.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I continued with the roof of the Beach Farms Barn.  I also built and painted the cupola. Here are a few progress pictures from throughout the day.

I went for the weather beaten look for the cupola - it's up their in those mountain winds.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

cuse

very nice work John...best thing about taking a forum leave of absence is all the catch up content  ;D

John

S&S RR

Quote from: cuse on November 02, 2020, 07:58:02 AM
very nice work John...best thing about taking a forum leave of absence is all the catch up content  ;D

John

John

Thank you for the kind words and welcome back.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I completed the roof on the Beach Farms barn today. Here is a picture and also a test of posting pictures from my iPad.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I also started adding the windows to the farm house.

Posting from my iPhone.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Posting from my iPhone and iPad worked tonight.  Thank you to Rusty Robot and Jimmy for the fix.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: The workbench detailing on the Beach Farms Barn and the Farm house is getting close to finished.  I will be adding them to the baseboard and continuing with the detailing with the main structures attached to the baseboard, soon.

John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

John, Really impressive work. I like the color's a lot....Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)