Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

I found a welding simulator circuit board in the Swanhammer's box that I bought years ago and stored away so I would find it when I started this build.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

I took some pictures of the site for these builds that will hang over my workbench as I proceed and thought I would post them here for reference.  The Fox Run build shares a baseboard and coal facility with the Foundry.  Swakhammer's will go to the right of the Fox Run Mill.  There will be a number industrial buildings along this siding in the back of Eagles Nest Yard.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I have a couple building sites to the left of the foundry and I'm looking for just the right structures.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Okay, so I got my finger in the way on this last one. It's a build thread. :-[ :o  Just pretend it's smoke from one of those big steam locomotives making the run from the Superior Yard.

John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jimmillho

Great location for some more of those "Yellow Box's"

Jim

Mark Dalrymple

Looking forward to these, John.

Fox has always been a favourite of mine.

Cheers, Mark.

S&S RR

Quote from: DennisBourey on October 25, 2019, 09:35:39 PM
Very nicely done John. love the location...Dennis

Dennis

Thank you for following along and the kind words.  I really like having the scenery and backdrop done before I locate the buildings and foreground scenery. Most of my layout will be done this way.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on October 26, 2019, 11:40:55 AM
I love the backdrop and trees.

Curt

Thank you, as I said in my post response to Dennis I really like having the scenery in place for the background before I build and place the structures.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: jimmillho on October 26, 2019, 12:15:42 PM
Great location for some more of those "Yellow Box's"

Jim

Jim

Thank you, I have about 8 of them planned for this area. That's a lot of gluing. ;)
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on October 26, 2019, 02:13:54 PM
Looking forward to these, John.

Fox has always been a favourite of mine.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thanks for stopping by the thread - Fox Run and Swakhammer's are my two favorites and they will be side by side in this location. I'm in the process of looking at pictures and the site and deciding what, if anything, I want to do to change to the original structures for my site. This is the part that takes me the longest and probably the part I enjoy the most. I would like to do some elevation change but haven't come up with the right thing, yet. The site is bound by track on both sides so it doesn't lend itself to large elevation changes.

John Siekirk

Jerry

John good to see you back in the buildings again.

Beautiful back drop and your planning of what's to go there sounds like a winner.
Looking forward to this area of development!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln