Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Two thumbs up John!  We gotta get over to check it out one of these days.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

GPdemayo

Quote from: ReadingBob on August 24, 2014, 10:10:22 AM
Two thumbs up John!  We gotta get over to check it out one of these days.   :D

What Bob said!  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

cuse

Don't know if this is photo-worthy, but it's one of those things I love to complete...I finished rebuilding the fascia around the expanded curve area. It's what smacks you in the face when you enter the room (sometimes literally), so I'm really glad I got it to a more finished appearance. I still have to sand, patch and paint it, but that's not a high priority for now. That large sea of pink is where I intend to plant Executioners Rocks some day.

John

ACL1504

John,

It sure is looking good. Can't wait to see it all in virtual reality!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: Cuse on September 01, 2014, 09:24:27 PM
Don't know if this is photo-worthy, but it's one of those things I love to complete...I finished rebuilding the fascia around the expanded curve area. It's what smacks you in the face when you enter the room (sometimes literally), so I'm really glad I got it to a more finished appearance. I still have to sand, patch and paint it, but that's not a high priority for now. That large sea of pink is where I intend to plant Executioners Rocks some day.

John

Looking good John - Executioners Rock is going to look great there.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

cuse

When I get swamped at work and with my lovely family, sometimes I feed my MR appetite with an impulse buy...

halrey

Gee, good news, I thought it was only me...

Nice structure.

Hal
Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

ACL1504

Cuse,

Great hotel and great addition to the railroad. I think it's time to get the loco and caboose decaled and weathered.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

That's quite a building John.....don't forget to have the termite inspector over..... ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

cuse

Tom,
I agree. Just let me know when you're around the cave. I'm in and out of downtown every week. I drove right by your house yesterday.

Can't wait. I figure we can unveil the paint jobs at my place and I'll make sure I get something done by then to show you guys.

Text or call or email anytime...John

ACL1504

John,

Good to see you this afternoon.

I'll start the thread and get it decaled but do you want me to hold off on the weathering photos until after the "Big Reveal"? This is going to be fun.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PennsyJ1

Hopefully there will be no smoke and fire connected to this project.

Bill
Bill Cutler
bcutler123@comcast.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: PennsyJ1 on September 19, 2014, 06:57:23 PM
Hopefully there will be no smoke and fire connected to this project.

Bill

Darn good thing for John that the ovalix is standard gauge.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

cuse

I thought of that Bob. I went by yesterday to make sure he didn't sneak any dual gauge trackage into that man-eater.

Tom, Please share away. I'm dying to see it as it occurs. I've never been one of those "Doctor, don't tell me what the Ultrasound shows" Dads  ;D

I better get crackin'. I really want to have something, anything new to show you guys at the next SBG North meet.

John