The Atlantic and Southern Build, Part 1

Started by ACL1504, December 21, 2013, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bruce.oberleitner

Uncle Tommie,
Please excuse my last post Uncle Tommie.  I know you don't drink Diet Coke.  Like most of us you only use that stuff for cleaning out clogged drains!  I do have to say in all honestly like everyone else that you are making some amazing progress on the new layout.   One thing to keep in mind that you will need some passing tracks on both ends of the helix to "stack up" trains that need to use the helix.  Is most of the helix going to be hidden by scenery in the future?

;D 8) ;D

ACL1504

Quote from: bruce.oberleitner on June 25, 2014, 12:26:29 AM
Uncle Tommie,
Please excuse my last post Uncle Tommie.  I know you don't drink Diet Coke.  Like most of us you only use that stuff for cleaning out clogged drains!  I do have to say in all honestly like everyone else that you are making some amazing progress on the new layout.   One thing to keep in mind that you will need some passing tracks on both ends of the helix to "stack up" trains that need to use the helix.  Is most of the helix going to be hidden by scenery in the future?

;D 8) ;D

Cousin Brucie,

No need for an opology, you know I would never stoop so low as to have a Diet C. I can't even say the word. I once poured the stuff on my car battery and it cleaned up real good!

No passing tracks for the ovalix, but yes, I will have a passing siding for those waiting entrance to the ovalix. A part of the ovalix will be hidden and part will be open.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

TomW

Tom The layout is looking good. Looks like you could put the dispatcher inside of the ovalix. Always thinking about operation.
Tom W

BandOGuy

Quote from: ACL1504 on June 22, 2014, 06:10:51 PM
Quote from: PennsyJ1 on June 22, 2014, 06:05:32 PM
Looking good Mr. Tom. If you add some seats it could double as a football stadium ;D . Hope you are feeling better. Be careful who you kiss nest time.

Funny man Billy! I got the throat crud from someone on Tuesday I guess.
The ovalix does look like a football stadium. I think I'll call it the Florida Cracker Stadium and see if Congress objects.
Tom ;D

And if they do......?
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

BandOGuy

Getting caught up here this AM due to travel delays.
Two questions:
1. Tom:how do you plan to ballast all that track in the ovalix?
2. To the general population: have you ever wondered when someone says "tastes like s**t, how do they get a baseline for comparison?  ::)

bparrish

Regarding the second question.   

We all have an assumption of what it might taste like. So when anything strays towards such a formula of taste.....  Our detector sounds loudly.

Got it?????

See ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ACL1504

Quote from: TomW on June 25, 2014, 08:17:22 AM
Tom The layout is looking good. Looks like you could put the dispatcher inside of the ovalix. Always thinking about operation.
Tom W

Tom,

Thank you, much appreciated. Yes, operations is the key!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: BandOGuy on June 25, 2014, 11:17:44 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on June 22, 2014, 06:10:51 PM
Quote from: PennsyJ1 on June 22, 2014, 06:05:32 PM
Looking good Mr. Tom. If you add some seats it could double as a football stadium ;D . Hope you are feeling better. Be careful who you kiss nest time.

Funny man Billy! I got the throat crud from someone on Tuesday I guess.
The ovalix does look like a football stadium. I think I'll call it the Florida Cracker Stadium and see if Congress objects.
Tom ;D

And if they do......?

Congress and the patent office can kiss my ballast! I ain't gonna change the name!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: BandOGuy on June 25, 2014, 11:23:07 AM
Getting caught up here this AM due to travel delays.
Two questions:
1. Tom:how do you plan to ballast all that track in the ovalix?
2. To the general population: have you ever wondered when someone says "tastes like s**t, how do they get a baseline for comparison?  ::)

Band,

1. It would be a waste of ballast and time to ballast the ovalix, so, no ballast in the ovalix!
2. My Babe said it would taste like "s**t", meaning "soot"! I'm not sure what everyone else was thinking. When we clean the fireplace, we both know what "soot" tastes like! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

Quote from: ACL1504 on June 24, 2014, 05:57:29 PM
Quote from: bruce.oberleitner on June 22, 2014, 09:12:49 PM
Uncle Tommie,
My God man!  Did somebody put a little something extra in your Diet Pepsi!  This is insanity! 

Hehe

BTW, have you done a train "Rollthru" test on the new helix?  I would hate for you discover too late that those passenger cars of yours can't make it thru the beast!  Of course it would be a serious problem if those refer cars filled with "Diet Pepsi" couldn't make it from the lower level to the upper level?  What would those poor town folk on your layout be forced to do.  Drink Diet Coke?   Say it isn't so Uncle Tommie!

;D ;D ;D

Cousin Brucie,

Yes, I've run several test runs and the Diet Pepsi tankers and reefers work the best of course. Diet Coke, I tell  you true Cousin, I don't do Diet Coke, period!

Tom ;D

Watch it you two. A LOT of Diet Coke went into building a few of the structures I hope to see on the new layout someday soon. ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

BandOGuy

Soot!
Why didn't I think of that?  :-\

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on June 25, 2014, 07:49:02 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on June 24, 2014, 05:57:29 PM
Quote from: bruce.oberleitner on June 22, 2014, 09:12:49 PM
Uncle Tommie,
My God man!  Did somebody put a little something extra in your Diet Pepsi!  This is insanity! 

Hehe

BTW, have you done a train "Rollthru" test on the new helix?  I would hate for you discover too late that those passenger cars of yours can't make it thru the beast!  Of course it would be a serious problem if those refer cars filled with "Diet Pepsi" couldn't make it from the lower level to the upper level?  What would those poor town folk on your layout be forced to do.  Drink Diet Coke?   Say it isn't so Uncle Tommie!

;D ;D ;D

Cousin Brucie,

Yes, I've run several test runs and the Diet Pepsi tankers and reefers work the best of course. Diet Coke, I tell  you true Cousin, I don't do Diet Coke, period!

Tom ;D

Watch it you two. A LOT of Diet Coke went into building a few of the structures I hope to see on the new layout someday soon. ;)

Oh boy, my sincere apologies Master Builder of the Atlantic and Southern. However, I don't remember ever seeing a Diet Coke in any photos of your builds. I have; however, seen plenty of glasses of some sort of vino!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Tom ;D ;D ;D ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on June 25, 2014, 05:30:59 PM
Tom W

Tom,

Tom ;D

Operations with the SBG.....that ought to be something to see!
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on June 26, 2014, 08:41:24 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on June 25, 2014, 05:30:59 PM
Tom W

Tom,

Tom ;D

Operations with the SBG.....that ought to be something to see!

I'm ready!!!!!!!!!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com