The Atlantic and Southern Build, Part 1

Started by ACL1504, December 21, 2013, 09:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: Erieman on June 12, 2014, 07:38:25 PM
Tom,

Looking great. I can't wait to see the departure tracks to each level. Progress is being made, my friend and it is looking good. I need to get back working on my track to the steel mill area. Been too busy working on another structure. Once the station is complete, it''s back to the track. more pictures please. Love your progress. Keep up the good work.

Frank / Erieman

Frank,

Thanks for stopping by. I'll have some pictures soon as I haven't been idle. I've been busy posting the thread on the Magnolia Route.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on June 19, 2014, 09:39:34 PM
Tom

It has been awhile since we have had an update - any issues with the PVC?

John,

Sorry for the late response, I've been working on the ovalix and have more pictures to add. I'll try to get them up this weekend.

I've noticed no issues with the PVC at all. I let the room get hot, about 90 degrees, for four days and didn't see any changes. I ran the trains up and down the ovalix with no noticable change with the track or smoothness of the run.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: gnatshop on June 19, 2014, 09:54:56 PM
He ain't talkin' - he's been feelin' shitty (my words, not his)!  ;D ;D ;D
But, we can be patient - he'll be back with a vengience!   8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Gman,

Thanks for covering for me. I did have a very bad sore throat for a few days. I think I'm finally getting over it!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on June 19, 2014, 09:59:58 PM
Tom

Sorry your feeling under the weather - didn't get the memo. Hope your feeling better real soon!

John,

I came down with a very bad sore throat on Wednesday afternoon and it kept me out of the game. I'm feeling better now and have more pictures to load later this weekend if not sooner.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on June 20, 2014, 08:37:45 AM
Tom

John,

Sorry for the late response, I've been working on the ovalix and have more pictures to add. I'll try to get them up this weekend.

I've noticed no issues with the PVC at all. I let the room get hot, about 90 degrees, for four days and didn't see any changes. I ran the trains up and down the ovalix with no noticable change with the track or smoothness of the run.

Tom ;D

I'm glad to hear your feeling better.  And that the PVC is working well for you.  I'm looking forward to you next updates on both threads.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

bruce.oberleitner

Uncle Tommie,
I've heard that a sure fire way to get rid of a sore throat is to drink LOTS of Diet Pepsi!   I guess all that acid would kill just about anything.  Just saying....

Hehe

;D ;D ;D

gnatshop

Quote from: bruce.oberleitner on June 21, 2014, 09:35:10 PM
Uncle Tommie,
I've heard that a sure fire way to get rid of a sore throat is to drink LOTS of Diet Pepsi!   I guess all that acid would kill just about anything.  Just saying....    Hehe   ;D ;D ;D   
If he woulda asked, I woulda sent him the recipe for a true Southern Hot Toddy - it will fix anythang that's
ailin' you (either that or you just won't feel nuthin' anymore.)!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on June 21, 2014, 05:55:40 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on June 20, 2014, 08:37:45 AM
Tom

John,

Tom ;D

I'm glad to hear your feeling better.  And that the PVC is working well for you.  I'm looking forward to you next updates on both threads.

John,

Thank you, yes, I'm finally over the sore throat. I haven't been sick in years but I guess I caught the 48 hour bug. No fever or cough, just a very bad sore throat.
I'm going to update this thread later this evening.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Uncle Tommie,
I've heard that a sure fire way to get rid of a sore throat is to drink LOTS of Diet Pepsi!   I guess all that acid would kill just about anything.  Just saying....

Hehe

;D ;D ;D

Cousin Brucie,

Where have you been and more importantly how are you! Glad to see you out! I was planning on calling you later this week. Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

Winn Dixie has 5, 16fl. oz. 6 packs for $10.00. In my math that comes to just over .33 per bottle! Yes, I did stock up and yes I sucked on Diet Pepsi, ice and of course Chloraseptic Spray!

Tom ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: gnatshop on June 21, 2014, 10:12:03 PM
Uncle Tommie,
I've heard that a sure fire way to get rid of a sore throat is to drink LOTS of Diet Pepsi!   I guess all that acid would kill just about anything.  Just saying....    Hehe   ;D ;D ;D   
If he woulda asked, I woulda sent him the recipe for a true Southern Hot Toddy - it will fix anythang that's
ailin' you (either that or you just won't feel nuthin' anymore.)!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Gman,

I came very close to asking my Babe to fix me one of her specialties - Crown Royal and Coke. I asked if she could fix it with Diet Pepsi and she said yes, but it would taste like s**t! I passed.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This past Wednesday morning I worked on wiring the ovalix. I dropped several feeders and cut gaps in the two wye sections. No photos of this process.  I began to add the supports for the second level runaround track on the ovalix. The next photos shows you how I added the supports with some of my ABC wood, Already Been Cut wood! ;D ;D  As you can see this is on the back side of the ovalix.

At this time I just laid the second level plywood over these supports. Once I get all the plywood cut and in place over the supports, the wood will be screwed in place. I added another section of the ovalix ramp to the front. I then moved to the front of the ovalix and began to add support posts for the front.

Wednesday afternoon I came down with a very bad sore throat so this is where I stopped. I was in bed early Wednesday and pretty much all day Thursday!

Continued in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PennsyJ1

Looking good Mr. Tom. If you add some seats it could double as a football stadium ;D. Hope you are feeling better. Be careful who you kiss nest time.
Bill Cutler
bcutler123@comcast.net

ACL1504

On Friday morning I was recovered enough to get back to work on the ovalix. I got the frame work complete for the front section on the second level.

I then secured the front ramp section to the ovalix and laid the front section plywood in place.

This is when I stepped back and realized everything looks good on paper. Refer to the CAD drawing below.

Major problem here. The cross over in the center bottom of the photo show how a train can cross from the right on the second level and enter the ovalix and go down from the second level. Here's the problem, the crossover is on two separate levels.

For your convenience I've added this photo for reference. See the two levels in the photo where the crossover should be?

Continued in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: PennsyJ1 on June 22, 2014, 06:05:32 PM
Looking good Mr. Tom. If you add some seats it could double as a football stadium ;D . Hope you are feeling better. Be careful who you kiss nest time.

Funny man Billy! I got the throat crud from someone on Tuesday I guess.

The ovalix does look like a football stadium. I think I'll call it the Florida Cracker Stadium and see if Congress objects.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Referring to the next CAD drawing, you can see the the green and blue lines appear to be on the same level. They aren't but need to be.

This had me scratching my head for a good long time. The next CAD drawing shows you where the level part of the oval is - it's marked in Orange.

The crossover section seen below needs to be on the same level as I mentioned and marked in Green below.

Continued in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com