The St. Louis & Denver Railroad - The Build

Started by GPdemayo, December 21, 2013, 09:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ranny9

Quote from: ACL1504 on December 23, 2014, 07:53:27 PM
And now an addendum to the rest of the story!

Let me sum it up in as few words as possible.

Greg is so tight that you can't drive a needle up his rear with a sledge hammer!

And now you all know the Rest of the Story!

Tom 8)

OUCH!

PennsyJ1

Mr. Greg
Wow! I know you still have me in the SBG training status and after watching your performance that day at Tom's man cave over a little steam engine, you must still be in some kind of training also.  I think if Tom really wanted make you suffer more he could have gotten a little more $ out of the deal. Did you need to go to the chiropractor after you tried a number of times reaching for your back pocket? ;D ;D ;D

Great looking Engine and the best thing is you are extremely happy with it.
Bill Cutler
bcutler123@comcast.net

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on December 23, 2014, 07:05:16 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on December 23, 2014, 05:45:42 PM

And no, I didn't get the passenger cars back, but Tom said I could bring the engine down, after I convert it to DCC, and run it around with the C&O passenger cars.

I'm sorry, but did you say and I quote, "After I convert it to DCC"?
Who is going to convert it to DCC? Yes, me (ACL1504) not I (Gregory DeMayo)!

TEL ;D

Didn't someone say they would supervise, but "I" had to do the work.....

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: PennsyJ1 on December 24, 2014, 04:59:48 AM
Mr. Greg
Wow! I know you still have me in the SBG training status and after watching your performance that day at Tom's man cave over a little steam engine, you must still be in some kind of training also.  I think if Tom really wanted make you suffer more he could have gotten a little more $ out of the deal. Did you need to go to the chiropractor after you tried a number of times reaching for your back pocket? ;D ;D ;D

Great looking Engine and the best thing is you are extremely happy with it.

Mr. Bill:

1....no I do not need to be in some kind of training.....I need to be in some kind of a 12 step program to help me with this addiction to steam engines.

2.....yes I did go to a chiropractor after twisting my back out reaching for my wallet.....fortunately, my nephew in-law is a chiropractor and we get the family rate - $0.00 , so the visit was painless, at least financially.

You and Kris have a Merry Christmas.....see you soon!  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Erieman

Tom & Greg,

Nice summation on the engine. Greg did get a sweet deal and you did well also. Looks like a win / win. I got to tell you a funny story about an old friend. He had a real nervous tick, especially when it was about money. The guys used to say that the tick was not a physical thing, but and emotional thing. When he had the tick ( moving his head up and down) it was because he had  string from his head to his wallet and this was his way of checking his wallet!

Great story guys and a beautiful engine. As far as Skyping, I need to resolve the image / reception problem with my room. We have an idea and just need to try it out. more later.

Best wishes to you both for the holidays. I'm going to start another SRMW building!!!

Frank / Erieman 

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on December 24, 2014, 09:01:19 AM

And no, I didn't get the passenger cars back, but Tom said I could bring the engine down, after I convert it to DCC, and run it around with the C&O passenger cars.

TEL ;D

It's possible, I don't remember.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on December 24, 2014, 02:09:07 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on December 24, 2014, 09:01:19 AM

TEL ;D

It's possible, I don't remember.

Tom ;D

That's okay Tom.....we all know that the mind is the second thing to go!  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

I just wish I could remember the first thing that goes. :'(

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on December 25, 2014, 09:38:05 AM

Tom ;D

I would really like to make a pithy comment.....but since it's Christmas.....Merry Christmas to you & the Babe!
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on December 25, 2014, 09:51:31 AM
Quote from: ACL1504 on December 25, 2014, 09:38:05 AM

Tom ;D

I would really like to make a pithy comment.....but since it's Christmas.....Merry Christmas to you & the Babe!

Merry Christmas to you and Pegi as well. Have a great day!

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Quote from: Erieman on December 24, 2014, 10:20:45 AM
Tom & Greg,

Nice summation on the engine. Greg did get a sweet deal and you did well also. Looks like a win / win. I got to tell you a funny story about an old friend. He had a real nervous tick, especially when it was about money. The guys used to say that the tick was not a physical thing, but and emotional thing. When he had the tick ( moving his head up and down) it was because he had  string from his head to his wallet and this was his way of checking his wallet!

Great story guys and a beautiful engine. As far as Skyping, I need to resolve the image / reception problem with my room. We have an idea and just need to try it out. more later.

Best wishes to you both for the holidays. I'm going to start another SRMW building!!!

Frank / Erieman

You're right Frank, I did get a sweet deal. I just wish Tom didn't have so much fun setting me up and I was able to resist a little better. I don't want to talk about what he did with a couple of FSM kits recently!

I'm looking forward to seeing you and Tom do the Skyping thing, looks interesting.

Belated best wishes for y'all and I'll keep an eye out for your new SRMW's build.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Would you believe it? I finally got some work accomplished on the railroad.

After seeing ReadingBob's build of FSM Fox Run Milling early Sunday afternoon, I got such a case of the guilts, I came home and actually accomplished something. Granted it isn't anything earth shattering, but considering I haven't been able to get off dead center since last spring, it is something.

So, don't get all excited, it's only a little rail on the siding to the engine house, but it is a start. I ran the rail from the switch into the short track side of the engine house.

Exhibit #1 - (T421)

Exhibit #2 - (T423)

Exhibit #3 - (T425)

The engine house will be in the approximate location shown below. More on that in the next post.

Exhibit #4 - (T426)

As soon as I get the ash pit floor and sides completed and the rail support across the top, I can run the rail from the other side of the switch to the end of ties.

More next time.....hopefully not as long between posts as this one.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

PennsyJ1

Hey Greg, something is better than nothing at all. After saying that I need to get my butt moving on the layout also!! ;D
Bill Cutler
bcutler123@comcast.net

ACL1504

Greg,

I believe it cause I see it! You'd be finished now if you used ME code 70 flex track. Yea, I know, ain't gonna happen! The hand spiked rail does look good on your layout. :-X

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

nextceo

Looks good Greg. How do you attach the rail to the ties? Also, what tool do you use to bend the rail?

I've never hand laid track before but plan on doing it for my next diorama.

Thanks!
Alan