The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on August 12, 2021, 09:46:02 PM
ACL 1504,
                Look, I have to be honest here.  I'm not going to kiss your AS layout, I'm just going to be blunt here!

Crap! Crap! Crap! Ridiculous scenes, poor layout lighting, uneven water, poor water scenes, super long trains-heck super short 1 car trains, the most unprofessional looking trees, you must be color blind with your painting skills, I could go on, should I go on, I will go on too another forum to find a better modeler for the AS empire~

None! and I mean None! of the aforementioned comments will ever apply to you sir, I will speak the truth to you on this forum or start speaking Klingon, (humm? well I do speak Klingon) "joHwI', De' law', HIja', joHwI' qanaDmeH mIw." so scratch that comment.

Keep up the always interesting, yet ever awesome inspirational layout my friend! :o
                                                                                                                                                   KP-out... ;)

KPI,

I'm not sure your parents ever told you that one of them may have dropped you on your head when just a small tike.  ;D ;D

I can always count on you to come up with something. Not sure how to patois this but I sincerely thank you for the very nice and generous compliment on how the layout is turning out.

KPII  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 13, 2021, 07:45:28 AM
Hey tom:

What can I say but WOW!!! looks just beautiful. I built both of those kits in the front. Love the billboard sign.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you very much for the kind compliment. I appreciate you being a regular follower on the adventure.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jrmueller

Tom your work upsets me because I will never achieve your level of quality  :-\ :P .  Actually I enjoy the various aspects of your layout and look forward to seeing your updates. My layout is in the reverse aspect as we will be moving to an independent living apartment in about a year so I am "downsizing."  Anyway, I will be looking forward to what The Judge has to say later today. Jim 
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Bruce Oberleitner

Quote from: ACL1504 on August 11, 2021, 04:56:10 PM
As I was building the box for the next 8 feet on the upper level I happened to notice the sticker on the 1X3.

Made in New Zealand! I wonder if the 1X3 was made, or grown in New Zealand?

Just thinking out loud here.

Continued -

This may be sort of a sad commentary on things but has it really become cheaper to cut down trees, make them into boards and ship them to the US from New Zealand then we can do here in this country?   

BTW, Just for the record, I never want to see that sticker on the bottom of my "Diet Pepsi" bottle....

;D ;D :o

Judge

Tom -  Great time was had by all today.  See you next Saturday.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Lynnb

You are really moving along at a steady pace, I liked the tip with the ground up Midwest cork.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

ACL1504

Quote from: jrmueller on August 14, 2021, 09:22:40 AM
Tom your work upsets me because I will never achieve your level of quality  :-\ :P .  Actually I enjoy the various aspects of your layout and look forward to seeing your updates. My layout is in the reverse aspect as we will be moving to an independent living apartment in about a year so I am "downsizing."  Anyway, I will be looking forward to what The Judge has to say later today. Jim

Jim,

I take that as a huge compliment. Actually, I feel the same way when I see other modelers work. I think will I ever get that good? I know Downsizing isn't fun as it does severely limits your modeling space.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you and your wife to visit the A&S RR as planned a few years ago.

The Judge sure has a sense of humor.

I very much appreciate you taking the time to stop by for a visit to the thread.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bruce Oberleitner on August 14, 2021, 03:09:43 PM
Quote from: ACL1504 on August 11, 2021, 04:56:10 PM
As I was building the box for the next 8 feet on the upper level I happened to notice the sticker on the 1X3.

Made in New Zealand! I wonder if the 1X3 was made, or grown in New Zealand?

Just thinking out loud here.

Continued -

This may be sort of a sad commentary on things but has it really become cheaper to cut down trees, make them into boards and ship them to the US from New Zealand then we can do here in this country?   

BTW, Just for the record, I never want to see that sticker on the bottom of my "Diet Pepsi" bottle....

;D ;D :o

Cousin Brucie,

You may be correct about the lumber. So far the Diet Pepsi is bottled in the good ole USA.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Judge on August 14, 2021, 03:17:29 PM
Tom -  Great time was had by all today.  See you next Saturday.

Bill,

I agree, see ya this Saturday morning.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Lynnb on August 15, 2021, 11:19:01 AM
You are really moving along at a steady pace, I liked the tip with the ground up Midwest cork.

Lynn,

I feel like I'm getting back to my old self. "Old" is probably correctly stated.

The sanded cork is very handy for a lot of roadside effects. Glad you can use the tip.

Tom   ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This afternoon I did some major surgery on The Watcher's Apartment building Reading Bob built.

The structure is on the foam board and with the apartment building on the board, I can't use it on the layout. So, the only thing to do is carefully remove it from the foam board base.

Here a before photo.

The Babe needs me for something, back later.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

One of the things Bob did was to make the roof removable. This is great as it allows me to turn the building over and not damage the roof top details.

I carefully removed the roof and set it aside prior to the surgery.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

This next photo shows the genius of Bob in how he wires his structures.

After removing the roof, I turned the building over and pulled the tape off the wires. The wires in the bottom of the photo are the ones coming from the utility pole.

Continued-
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com