The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Janbouli on August 18, 2021, 04:41:17 AM
Great job Tom , I admire your patience , looking forward to seeing it on your layout.

Jan,

Thank you, much appreciate you coming by. This hobby is all about patience. Especially when doing something like this removal.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: cuse on August 18, 2021, 05:18:51 AM
Phew...you missed your calling. You would have made an excellent surgeon!!

John

John,

Great to see you my friend. Cutting was no issue and I'm happy to have not had to suture any areas afterwards.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on August 18, 2021, 06:51:38 AM
WOW!   :o  I'm sure glad I didn't have to watch that process in real time!  I'd have been like Fred Sanford "Oh Lordy! This is the big one! I'm coming to join you Elizabeth!  This is it!"   ;D ;D ;D

Nice job!

Bob,

Sorry, but I needed to do this so I didn't have to give it back.  :'(   It was much easier than I expected which was a blessing. It could have been the big one a Fred Sanford used to say!

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Today I finished adding the pink foam base to the rest of the area just north of the roundhouse. The area was cleaned.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The foam was place over the area and trimmed to fit.

Fast forward and the foam was glued in place, the 2 ply cardboard was cut to fit and glued in place on top of the foam. Not shown to save ya'll from being bored as I was doing it however necessary.

Moscone's Bail Bonds and The Watcher Apartments were positioned.

The three foot long aluminum was used to make sure the sidewalks were aligned with the ones on the other side of the road.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The street concrete (2 ply cardboard) was cut to fit around the track. A 1 ply piece of cardboard was cut to fit between the rails. This is just a little lower than the rails.

I used this "see through" car to make sure the flanges with between the rail and cardboard.

No problems as the car runs very smoothly through the area.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

There will be small alley way between the two buildings.

More tomorrow.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Mark Dalrymple

Great progress, Tom.  You've got up a nice head of steam!

I like that alleyway - that will add some nice drama to the scene.  Also like that see-through car - what a great idea.

Cheers, Mark.

Judge

The alleyway will no doubt be the scene of nefarious criminal activity - on account of its proximity to the bail bondsman's office, which is conveniently located next to the courthouse/jail.  Local criminals tend to frequent such places.  The alleyway will soon be included in one of the stories included in the Saturday Report.

deemery

I'm looking forward to see where the Judge's Quarters end up.  Presumably hizzoner won't want to work so close to the courthouse and its criminal element.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

bparrish

Regarding the Judge's remarks............... Tom........ you need to create a derelict looking person that represents yourself and put it in the alley.  We will be able to pick the guy out... it's the one with a diet pepsi can in his hand.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

deemery

Quote from: bparrish on August 19, 2021, 01:35:40 PM
...It's the one with a diet pepsi can in his hand. ...

Unless Tom keeps it hidden in a brown paper bag...

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on August 18, 2021, 06:55:14 PM
Great progress, Tom.  You've got up a nice head of steam!

I like that alleyway - that will add some nice drama to the scene.  Also like that see-through car - what a great idea.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark, Cheers,

Thank you. Everything is going smoothly now. I like the new me for now.

The alleyway will make a great scene for some of Tahope's finest citizens. I'm sure the police will be involved as well.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Judge on August 19, 2021, 09:03:08 AM
The alleyway will no doubt be the scene of nefarious criminal activity - on account of its proximity to the bail bondsman's office, which is conveniently located next to the courthouse/jail.  Local criminals tend to frequent such places.  The alleyway will soon be included in one of the stories included in the Saturday Report.

Bill,

I can only imagine what will come it the story. In fact, this has the potential for several stories.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com