Milwaukee Road in Wisconsin -- 1950's

Started by ak-milw, December 24, 2013, 06:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twist67

Andy,
this corner is looking awesome and I canĀ“t wait to see the rest of this with scenery. Fantastic.....

Regards,Chris

ak-milw

Thanks guy's, I just keep moving along like a thundering snail!!

8)

ak-milw

Started the scenery around the Maracowski's Mobile scene.

ak-milw

The shed in back of the gas station is finished.

now back to the station.

S&S RR

Andy

It looks great - you are moving right along with the build.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Andy,

I agree with the others, it's looking fantastic.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ak-milw

Thanks for the comments guy's, it means a lot.

ak-milw

Maracowski's Mobile station and truck repair is on the layout.

overhead shot

and some ground level ,

Now back across the tracks to the Co-op store.

tom.boyd.125

Andy,
Sometimes, a song comes along, and the words in a song best describes this addition to your Milwaukee Road pike.
The "Traveling Wilburly's " song .... "End of the Line" ... and the words they repeat in singing it " WELL IT'S ALL RIGHT "  must be about this model you added to your empire.  Very nice build !!!   :) And best yet, they sing it in a RR car..... 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA

Tom
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

Zephyrus52246

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

jerryrbeach

Andy,
Looking at this scene makes me miss even more all the photos of your layout that were posted on the Whistlepost.  Count me in, great scene, especially love the last shot with the Co-op in the background. 
Jerry

ak-milw

Thank you very much guy's, still a lot more to go.
Thanks Tom great song, I always did like that tune.

ak-milw

Thanks Jerry, I still miss the Whistle Post. It took me a long time to decide on another forum, this one is starting to feel like home.

ak-milw

Well the cement block sheet got here from Rusty Stumps, still waiting for the metal building from PikeStuff. I can't start on the build until it gets here, I need the building to set the height of the others. In the mean time I got the site ready on the layout. Cement in and I built a wood fence from Rusty Stumps. I guess I can get the grade crossing in and do a little more ballast until it gets here.