The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on March 19, 2021, 08:03:59 AM
Tom,

I was aghast when you tore down your old layout.  It is now obvious that your vision for what could be was spot on.  Your layout is simply amazing from my point of view; in conception, construction, and the incredible modeling skills that translate your vision into reality.

Jerry,

It was a decision that wasn't made lightly. After Pam and I visited Cliff Powers, the decision was much easier.

Thank you also for the very kind and generous compliment on layout. Nothing is on paper as it just comes to me as I move from area to area.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on March 19, 2021, 08:32:24 AM
Jeez Tom, has it been 7 years.....were the heck is the time going?  :o

Greg,

Here is a photo of you and the Judge a few days after the old layout removal was complete. This is the area where the Ovalix is now located. I believe this was March of 2014.

Tom  ;D

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jrmueller on March 19, 2021, 11:01:18 AM
Looks great. Enjoying the progress. Jim

Jim,

Thank you very much for checking in and following along.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Mark Dalrymple on March 19, 2021, 11:49:54 AM
That's some serious progress, Tom!

Cheers, Mark.

Mark, Cheers,

Yes, and I need to get back into the serious progress mode.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Bernd on March 19, 2021, 12:24:21 PM
That's one nice looking layout. Goes to show what can be done in a narrow space with double decking.

Very inspirational.

Bernd

Bernd,

Thank you. The layout room is 11 feet wide and 39 feet long. The Ovalix takes up the 12X18 "L" portion of the room. The photo below shows the "L" portion.

Tom  ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: NKP768 on March 19, 2021, 05:07:08 PM
7 years difference? There is hope for us all......

Doug

Doug,

Yes, there is always hope for all of us. I don't work as fast as I once did. Honestly, my Covid-19 experience has greatly reduced my ability to stay at it for extended periods. Hopefully it will get better with time.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on March 19, 2021, 05:15:50 PM
Hey Tom:

That is one beautiful RR. Love the round house area.

Karl.

Karl,

Thank you as well. The round house is one of my favorite areas also.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Bernd

Tom,

I've been following your layout build since I found the thread before I joined. It's been a very inspirational for me from the pictures and techniques in use building the layout and buildings.

Same goes for John Selkirk's layout. I followed that build too and still am. Glad I joined the forum to try and soar with the eagles. Tough act to follow.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

ACL1504

Quote from: Bernd on March 19, 2021, 06:27:58 PM
Tom,

I've been following your layout build since I found the thread before I joined. It's been a very inspirational for me from the pictures and techniques in use building the layout and buildings.

Same goes for John Selkirk's layout. I followed that build too and still am. Glad I joined the forum to try and soar with the eagles. Tough act to follow.

Bernd

Bernd,

Thank you so much for the comment.  This layout has been the one I dreamed about growing up. I'm very fortunate to have this space.

And, I'm sure I speak for others that we are very glad you joined the forum.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

GPdemayo

Hey Tom.....thanks for the old picture.....I think Bill and I were a bit younger in those days..... ;D

Here is an early version of level 2.....hope it helps the guys visualize the overall plan a bit better.  :)

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Blazeman

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 19, 2021, 06:02:04 PM

I've been selling Jim Miller's stuff on Ebay and that requires some time.

I can attest to that.  Dismantling and trying to sell off a friend's layout who passed away unexpectedly.  Spent the afternoon organizing sections of flex track and switches.  Hope to sell a bunch this week.

Jerry

Wow!!  Tom you've come along way with the RR.

Love the before and after picture.

You have done a beautiful job with this creation of yours.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Jim Donovan

Tom;

You are an inspiration for us less experienced modelers. Glad I met you and love following along. You truly do incredible work. Thanks for sharing.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)