Midsomer

Started by madharry, January 22, 2017, 11:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Continuing.............

I painted the foam black and after distressing the edges with a knife it is time to add some greenery.............

Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks very much Curt.

With the hillside edge done, it is time to plan the "upper town". I'm going to try adding "part" of a farm scene to the layout. Most of the farm which is obviously too big to depict in my 9 feet is off-scene. But the farmhouse, a scarecrow, ploughed field etc might work?

Mike

jerryrbeach

Or maybe some fence with a few cows or sheep?
Jerry

ACL1504

Mike,

Really great stuff in this thread. I enjoy following your work.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

madharry

Quote from: jerryrbeach on April 09, 2017, 09:12:25 AM
Or maybe some fence with a few cows or sheep?

Hi Jerry,

This is going to be difficult...............I have a flock of sheep, a scarecrow figure, a tractor, seven horses, a hen house with chickens and roosters, some cows.....all to fit in 12 inches by 9 inches? Hmmm.

Mike :-\

deemery

I had a dream 2 nights ago where I was in Midsomer, watching DCI Barnaby solve a mystery :-)

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

madharry

Quote from: ACL1504 on April 09, 2017, 11:16:44 AM
Mike,

Really great stuff in this thread. I enjoy following your work.

Tom ;D

Thanks Tom..........I am enjoying myself too. I keep finding stuff in my stash and my "do not throw anything away box" that I would like to incorporate into the scene. Nothing is planned so watch this space.

Mike  ;)

S&S RR

Mike

I just got caught up on your thread - very nice work.  I'm looking forward to your placement of all those details.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hi Mike:

coming together very nicely.

Karl

GPdemayo

Looking good Mike..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

Thanks John, Karl and Greg for your nice comments. I have been working on the peddling cyclist feature on board two for a week or so. I have finally got the road surface right and the little fellow takes about 2 minutes to do a circuit without falling over. Mind you with three pubs in town that could be a problem in the future............... 

Here are two pictures of the station building, signal box and goods shed on board one. These are all modelled on the actual buildings at Midsomer Norton in the original colours of the London & South Western Railway.

I have got a couple exhibition weekends with Red Hook Bay coming up, the second one is in Lille, France; I hope the natives are friendly when we cross the Channel?

Mike

PRR Modeler

Excellent modeling.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Janbouli

Looking great Mike.
I love photo's, don't we all.

madharry

Thanks Curt and Jan, it is much appreciated.

I have a two week break between railway exhibitions so I will get back to modelling.......Yipee!

Mike